Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #736
kaito
Connoisseur
kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: k3w, gloHD
I don't understand. I have installed both prereqs many times. Separately.

update_k3_B008_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin
update_k3_B008_devcerts_install.bin
kaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #737
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito View Post
I don't understand. I have installed both prereqs many times. Separately.

update_k3_B008_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin
update_k3_B008_devcerts_install.bin
The system will continue to delete the devcerts each time the registration status is checked.
Register it.

(Unless you bought a stolen one in some dark alley and it is black-listed, then you have a problem. )
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #738
kaito
Connoisseur
kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The system will continue to delete the devcerts each time the registration status is checked.
Register it.

(Unless you bought a stolen one in some dark alley and it is black-listed, then you have a problem. )
Hmm, it doesn't say registration is required on the first page. I really don't want to register it (no it isn't stolen), can I firewall that registration check?

Or, since the certs seem to be updated by amazon without needing a reboot as soon as Wifi connects (I assume that is what prevents Test kindle mode), can I run an app from Launchpad to re-update the certs right before running KUAL?

Edit: I just tried to copy developer.keystore to /var/local/java/keystore/ from Launchpad. Although it does copy it, it doesn't seem to use it as KUAL still fails, but works after a full reboot and disabling wifi, which isn't useful. ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=13 )

Edit 2: Another dead end. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185301

Last edited by kaito; 05-02-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #739
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Hmm, it doesn't say registration is required on the first page. I really don't want to register it (no it isn't stolen),...
You can create an account with any email address and a bogus name.

I personally dislike having to register devices, but unfortunately the practice is very widespread and I can't piss against the wind all the time. So I usually create an account with the name Firstname Lastname and an e-mail address set up exclusively for that purpose.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #740
kaito
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
You can create an account with any email address and a bogus name.

I personally dislike having to register devices, but unfortunately the practice is very widespread and I can't piss against the wind all the time. So I usually create an account with the name Firstname Lastname and an e-mail address set up exclusively for that purpose.
I guess it is the principle of not having the use of my device monitored

I added these firewall rules: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...10&postcount=3

(these ones https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193260 don't work on Kindle3 as it has an older iptables that doesn't have "-m iprange")

Can also use the chattr +i option: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...12#post2402312

Hope this helps someone in the future. It is working so far for me.
Advert
Old 05-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #741
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I guess it is the principle of not having the use of my device monitored

I added these firewall rules: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...10&postcount=3

(these ones https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193260 don't work on Kindle3 as it has an older iptables that doesn't have "-m iprange")

Can also use the chattr +i option: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...12#post2402312

Hope this helps someone in the future. It is working so far for me.
Duh...

Why all the "do it the hard way" approach ?

There is a KUAL button to install a firewall that includes a BBB (Block Big Brother) fiilter.
Developed on a K3, enhanced and tested on K4 and K5 (both of them).

The posts that you linked to pre-date KUAL system with its firewall and close back door buttons.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #742
kaito
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Duh...

Why all the "do it the hard way" approach ?

There is a KUAL button to install a firewall that includes a BBB (Block Big Brother) fiilter.
Developed on a K3, enhanced and tested on K4 and K5 (both of them).

The posts that you linked to pre-date KUAL system with its firewall and close back door buttons.
I didn't chose to do it the hard way, I simply didn't know the easy way existed. Finding a raw list of KUAL addons wasn't helpful since I didn't know what their use was or what their advantages were. I was trying to get KUAL itself to run while wifi was enabled and didn't want to pursue addons until KUAL itself was running.

I saw a firewall with BBB, but I didn't know what BBB was, nor did I know it would specifically help with running Kindlet's on an unregistered device where amazon.com deletes the keystore when connecting to wifi. I just didn't know that, it was all new to me.

Edit: I just read that the firewall with BBB doesn't survive reboot, so amazon.com would delete my keystore if wifi was enabled after a reboot.

Last edited by kaito; 05-03-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #743
Qwentor
Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch
I have Kindle Touch.
If Kindlet Jailbreak and JBPatch are already installed in my device does it mean that Developer Certificate is installed too?
Qwentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #744
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwentor View Post
I have Kindle Touch.
If Kindlet Jailbreak and JBPatch are already installed in my device does it mean that Developer Certificate is installed too?
If it isn't then KUAL won't run. In that case go back to message #1 in this thread and install the pre-requisite bundle. If you want to make it simple, just install the pre-requisite bundle then KUAL, not the other way around. Make sure to install the right bundle for your device as message #1 includes bundles for other devices too. HTH
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #745
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have summarized the information about the upcoming new KUAL version in this wiki page https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/KUAL_What's_New.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #746
knc1
Going Viral

KUAL Project Support

Been making a bit of progress myself -
The "Sandbox" version of revised Macros:
http://wiki.knetconnect.com/twiki/bi...ionItemTesting

(those two are normally not on the same topic page - its just easier to test this way).
Old 05-06-2013, 03:36 AM   #747
Qwentor
Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Qwentor , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch
I have a question about installing prerequisites:
for Kindle Touch I must use files with k5 prefixes?
Qwentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:47 AM   #748
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwentor View Post
for Kindle Touch I must use files with k5 prefixes?
yes and only files with "... _install.bin "
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #749
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Okay so I am concluding the testing on the KUAL 2 today I hope.

So post 5000 (Which is this one) - will be amended RSN to be the release details

That is all.

Special Thanks to Ixtab, Stepk and Knc1 for their incredible efforts to produce this extremely changed and IMHO improved offering.

Watch this space.

EDIT: Okay so I posted it after this...

Last edited by twobob; 05-08-2013 at 02:48 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #750
stepk
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
So post 5000 (Which is this one) - will be amended RSN to be the release details
Congrats on your 5K !!

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified