Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
nogrits4me
Enthusiast
nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle 3 and Sony 350
Unhappy Sad day dropped my precious.

Yesterday I was coming in the house and dropped my ipad 2. I have a bad hand and was carrying it with one hand. It slipped out of my hand. I am just heart sick. Sent it off in hopes this company that is apple certified can fix the screen. It works just fine the screen is cracked. And one corner is marred. I don't know when I will get it back. It will take one week to get it there. I miss it already. Thanks for letting me ramble.
nogrits4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
I have to confess that I have bee a Apple sceptic. However. a week ago I gave my wife an iPad for her birthday. Her enthusiasm has begun to rub off on me, so I feel your anguish. Hope everything works out
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Sorry for your injured iPad. I cannot tell you how many times I have dropped my iPad, but I have been lucky.. never had anything break on it.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
nogrits4me
Enthusiast
nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.nogrits4me can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle 3 and Sony 350
Thanks everybody.Guess I should look on the bright side that it can be fixed I hope.
nogrits4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
I dropped mine about a week and a half ago, it slipped out of my shoulder bag and hit the pavement corner-first. It cracked the corner of the screen, sounds just like yours.

I took it to the local Apple store, the list price to repair the screen is $349. The "Genius" told me that since I'd bought it so recently that she could waive the replacement price, and they swapped mine for a new one for free.

People can say what they want to about Apple, but swapping out my stupid mistake at no cost to me scores a lot of points in my book.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #7
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been looking at the G-Form case - I don't care for the sleeve but the portfolio is tempting me.

I'm not sure how to embed the video, but it can be viewed here. They dropped an otterbox and a g-form case from 60 feet. The otterbox (and enclosed ipad) were trashed while the g-form unit survived.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
I'm not sure how to embed the video, but it can be viewed here.
From the YouTube URL for a video, copy everything after the equal sign. Then click the YouTube icon and paste what you copied between the two YouTube brackets.

ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI6_gNVPLs

YOUTUBE]XeI6_gNVPLs[/YOUTUBE

Old 07-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I've been looking at the G-Form case - I don't care for the sleeve but the portfolio is tempting me.

I'm not sure how to embed the video, but it can be viewed here. They dropped an otterbox and a g-form case from 60 feet. The otterbox (and enclosed ipad) were trashed while the g-form unit survived.
60' is a bit extreme. A more realistic test would be to drop it from everyday situations; like out of your hands or from a desk or from the roof of your car.

Anyway, I like the portfolio also; unfortunately, they don't make it for 7" tablets.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-13-2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #10
GlennD
Wizard

60 feet is unrealistic but it gives you some hope that it'll survive a more ordinary drop. There's video of a car running over one as well as a bowling ball drop. Assuming there's no chicanery going on (and I have no reason to believe there is), the g-form does appear to be about the best protection you can get. Too bad it's such an unappealing case visually.

It does make me wonder how people can destroy a perfectly good ipad in the name of testing. Especially the customers that try it. I can't see running over my ipad just to see if the case works.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
It does make me wonder how people can destroy a perfectly good ipad in the name of testing. Especially the customers that try it. I can't see running over my ipad just to see if the case works.
Take a look at this