Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
NookColor now at Staples

The flyer in my local newspaper from Staples shows that they're now carrying the NookColor.

Just what I need - more temptation!

But I haven't yet seen one alive (the nearest B&N is a 2+ hour drive from me), so I'll be heading over after work to have a look.

They're also at Staples.com.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I saw one at Walmart yesterday.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2011, 12:39 AM   #3
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
Walmart has had them for a while now. I saw one before Christmas last year, likely before TurkeyDay in fact. The website has had them for sale pretty much since release but the stores were hot and cold on shelf stock. When I was able to play with one the counter clerk actually dragged it out from storage below the display case for me to fiddle with. I liked it but never like the weight distribution, felt top-heavy even if slightly. It would be nice if they released some sort of cover or skin with a small counter weight that can be oriented at the bottom in portrait orientation. In landscape it felt fine.
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:57 AM   #4
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
looks like the OP bought one. I suppose we'll all have tablets soon enough.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
sbovinet
sbovinet began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Palm T/X
Be careful. Nook Color is good looking and the sales pitch is that it has Android OS capable of using Android Apps. The problem is that you have to buy from Barnes & Noble and the ebooks you buy will not work with any reader other than the Barnes & Noble even on your PC. The B&N pc app is pitiful too.
I bought a Nook Color and learned the hard way. I now just use the My Files area and load all my ePub files and Adoble .acsm can be sent via Adobe Digital Editions.

Hope this helps in you decision making.
sbovinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Great! Staples is becoming a hub for all different brands of eReaders. They have Kindles there (at least I saw the DX version) and now the Nook Color. Do they also have Sony also? It is always nice to have more than one brand because you can test them all at the same time and make an educated decision.

By the way, the NC is a great purchase decision! Of course, I am a little biased!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #7
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Staples used to carry Sony readers, but does not anymore.

I was told by a salesclerk that they had to stop carrying Sony when they began carrying Kindle, but apparently that is not the case, as they also carry the Aluratek and the NC.

Perhaps they'll begin carrying Sonys again?
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbovinet View Post
Be careful. Nook Color is good looking and the sales pitch is that it has Android OS capable of using Android Apps. The problem is that you have to buy from Barnes & Noble and the ebooks you buy will not work with any reader other than the Barnes & Noble even on your PC. The B&N pc app is pitiful too.
I bought a Nook Color and learned the hard way. I now just use the My Files area and load all my ePub files and Adoble .acsm can be sent via Adobe Digital Editions.

Hope this helps in you decision making.
You don't have to buy books from B&N. It reads epubs purchased from other stores.Y You do need to authorize your device with Adobe Digital Editions first.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote