Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #91
bchapman
bchapman began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Pocketbook IQ
@Kalivan: You may need "adb remount" in order to make /system writeable. See http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=ADB

Last edited by bchapman; 01-29-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Making clear that reply was to Kalivan
bchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #92
Kalivan
Kalivan began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchapman View Post
You may need "adb remount" in order to make /system writeable. See http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=ADB
Thank you bchapman it was the command I omited and I don't know why

Now a2sd is running perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
adb is done on your PC and not through your root explorer. There are a number of threads on the forum showing how adb is installed. Look at the IQ Market working thread to start.

Cheers
Sorry hiaig may be I explained it badly because my problem was using adb (I omited the remount command)

I have read all the interesting threads related with the update of the IQ because I am a newbie with Android

Greetings.
Kalivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #93
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
Someone has succeeded in porting Android 3.0 into NookColor!
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/28/n...roid-3-0-hone/

It seems that the possibility is open to Pocketbook IQ as well, doesn't it?
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:18 PM   #94
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzki View Post
Someone has succeeded in porting Android 3.0 into NookColor!
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/28/n...roid-3-0-hone/

It seems that the possibility is open to Pocketbook IQ as well, doesn't it?
Hmmm... that is an interesting development. It will depend how they support our hardware architecture but I am sure it would not be impossible to run it.

I guess Pocketbook might have to stop working on Froyo and go straight to Honeycomb.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:41 AM   #95
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
Hmmm... that is an interesting development. It will depend how they support our hardware architecture but I am sure it would not be impossible to run it.

I guess Pocketbook might have to stop working on Froyo and go straight to Honeycomb.
rather they do not! Remember the Nook has more internal memory and faster CPU, i would be glad enough to get a good working 2.2
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2011, 11:15 AM   #96
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos View Post
rather they do not! Remember the Nook has more internal memory and faster CPU, i would be glad enough to get a good working 2.2
Plus, all the videos so far suggest Honeycomb's new GUI really *needs* a capacitance touchscreen, which the NC has and the IQ doesn't.

More important: a working Froyo in Feb/Mar beats an experimental Honeycomb in summer/fall. Don't forget that most Honeycomb-native devices are due in late spring/summer.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #97
icosta
icosta began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
Downgrade firmware

After I upgrade my IQ710 to “experimental Firmware 20110118”, I can not start it because I get a error mensage: “LuncherPro (Android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectedly”.
Now, I can downgrade to “PocketBook IQ Firmware Repack 20110116” but I get the same error mensage. So, I try downgrade to original "Firmware 2.0.3 Pocketbook IQ" but I can not that.
And now?
icosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #98
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by icosta View Post
After I upgrade my IQ710 to “experimental Firmware 20110118”, I can not start it because I get a error mensage: “LuncherPro (Android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectedly”.
Now, I can downgrade to “PocketBook IQ Firmware Repack 20110116” but I get the same error mensage. So, I try downgrade to original "Firmware 2.0.3 Pocketbook IQ" but I can not that.
And now?
Flash version 2.0.2 first then flash 2.0.3.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #99
icosta
icosta began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
Flash version 2.0.2 first then flash 2.0.3.

Cheers

Thanks for the tip. It´s 100%.
icosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #100
peejayay
peejayay began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Experimental Repacks?

@Coredump, you are a star!

I got everything working, a2sd, market etc. with your experimental repack-20110118001646_PB701SWUPDATE.zip.

What I wasn't sure of is whether the custom JIT and the accelerated GL drivers were in one of the experimental builds together, or whether they were separated between the 2 builds. Your links looked like:

Experimental Firmware 20110118.1: Add custom JIT (Icewyng) (requires factory reset)
Experimental Firmware 20110118: Adds GL driver acceleration from slatedroid (IEHBR)

I clicked on the first one because it looked like the latest version, so I thought it might include the latest GL drivers as well. The strange thing is that the file name when I click on the second link seems from the number to be the latest version: repack-20110118193656_PB701SWUPDATE.zip.

Maybe you can clear this up for me.

By the way, I now get 259 on the Quadrant benchmark for my IQ, which is apparently a good score compared to the stock IQ.

One more question while I am here. When the 2.2 firmware for the IQ comes out, what has to be done again in terms of rooting, a2sd and and Android Market?

First of all I am assuming that I can update directly from your experimental build to the new firmware without losing any apps or data. Then the IQ will need to be rooted once more and then the usual palava with getting the market working again. Or I guess we can just wait for you to perform your magic with a new repack

Thanks again
peejayay
peejayay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:57 AM   #101
scoene
scoene began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook iq
hello all,

@Coredump thank you so much!!

I just received the IQ for my wife and applied the repack update. No problem at all.
I did not find how to start adbd in the parameter, so I launched it with gscript and put an androidId.
Now the market is working perfectly.

I exchanged the internal 2Go microsd with a 16 Go one, it work perfectly. I wont use A2SD.

Now I'm looking a way to change the default path of Aldiko and Gallery (I want them to use the microSd and not sdcard.

Any idea if the custom JIT has an inpact on the autonomy of the IQ?

Thanks again
scoene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #102
ASliceofPaper
ASliceofPaper began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ701 DarkBlue
@Coredump thanks a lot!
I installed 20110118.1 firmware repack a couple of weeks ago and it's been working perfectly since. Made the device waaay better than it was before the update.
ASliceofPaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #103
onyx1337
onyx1337 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
Thanks for this repack I install it and some apps work very good and stable.
But I have some question.
How can I return desktop widget of pocketbook ? (I install all from Pocketbook IQ Apps dir and select Launcher2 as home screen , but no widget was there )
onyx1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:28 AM   #104
brexpress
brexpress began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ
BreXPressPost --- Thanks XXL

Hello @CoreD - many thanks for your excellent REPACK 2.0.3 ! greetings over the ocean - brexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx PS were all waiting for 2.2
brexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #105
annk
annk began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro, Cruz T301, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by paww View Post
Reflashed, factory settings, sync'd account - gtalk crashes

Repeated this 5 times now and gtalk still crashes sadly, having to give up on this by the looks of things.

Nice work, shame it doesn't for all.
I'm having this problem too. The Market tells me I've got a server error.

I'm using the repackage, and the IQ boots up with a much nicer and more responsive user interface, and a market icon. I've done a factory reset.

I have logged into my gmail - both via the GMail icon and via the browser - and it's clearly synced, but when GTalk just flashes on the screen for a second when I click on the icon, and then FC's immediately. I've even logged onto my gmail via the browser and hit "talk" from there, but that didn't help.

Is there any other way to activate GTalk?

At no point am I being asked for my Android ID. I assume I have one (I have an HTC Hero phone) but I don't know where to find it on the phone. I've looked in all the settings in the phone to no avail. Does anyone know where I'd find the ID on my phone, and where and at what point I should've inputted it on my IQ?

Some background that my not be necessary: I did what I've done so far by downloading the repackage to the SD card and holding in the Vol+ and power button. I haven't done modding via computer (I have a Mac). I'm not comfortable using the command line, though I've done it when I've had clear instructions.

I really appreciate all the work that's been done by people in this thread, and if anyone can give me ideas for how to get GTalk activated and the Market working I'd be really, really grateful!

Last edited by annk; 02-15-2011 at 05:21 PM.
annk is offline   Reply With Quote