Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Possible FlightCrew validation issue

I stumbled upon an issue mentioned in this Kindle thread.
The user defined an embedded font in the <style> section of an .html file and got the following FlightCrew error:

This resource is present in the OPF <manifest>, but it's not reachable (it's not unused).

However epubcheck doesn't report any errors and the embedded font shows up in ADE and KP (after compilation).

When I moved the style segment to a separate stylesheet and linked it to the .html file, FlightCrew no longer reported the error.

Here's the code:
Spoiler:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title></title>

<style type="text/css">
@font-face {
font-family: 'Plain Back';
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
src: url(../Fonts/plainback.ttf);
}

.dc {font-family: 'Plain Back';}
</style>
</head>

<body>
<p><span class="dc">T</span>his is weird.</p>
</body>
</html>

Is this a feature or a bug?
Attached Files
File Type: epub fontembed.epub (33.8 KB, 171 views)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Is this a feature or a bug?
I guess it's just one of the features of the embedded Fright-Crew
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Hey I like that font (for initial Caps). Is it a (legal) free font?

The FC logs this as a warning (yellow), so it can be safely ignored.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Hey I like that font (for initial Caps). Is it a (legal) free font?
AFAIK, yes. The font is "Plain Black" by Paul LLoyd. It's available for download at the author's website. (Select Black from the drop-down menu.)

Paul LLoyd also designed many other decorative fonts that are ideal for initials.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:29 AM   #5
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Could the problem have to do with "Plain Back" in your document vs. "Plain Black" as you call the font here in the thread?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #6
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
No, as Doitsu pointed out in the first post it works fine if you just move the declaration as is into an external linked stylesheet. It's just another example of Flightcrew dodginess really (and no, I'm not a fan of it).
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
HTML Tidy --> Flight Crew

Has any thought been given to making Flight Crew into a good replacement for HTML Tidy?
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Has any thought been given to making Flight Crew into a good replacement for HTML Tidy?
I can't imagine that crossing anyone's mind.

(not that I wouldn't mind seeing new alternatives to Tidy, mind you... it's just that I can't imagine why Flight Crew would ever take on Tidy's responsibilities. The projects have such different goals/bailiwicks, after all)
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:53 AM   #9
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I can't imagine that crossing anyone's mind.

(not that I wouldn't mind seeing new alternatives to Tidy, mind you... it's just that I can't imagine why Flight Crew would ever take on Tidy's responsibilities. The projects have such different goals/bailiwicks, after all)
OK. I thought that Flight Crew and Tidy were parts of the same tool in Sigil. I know that you guys msut have put a great deal of work into Tidy and improved it for ebook files. I was thinking that this could be used to publish a new version of Tidy that also incorporates the error checking and vaslidation of Flight Crew.

So I rephrase the question.

Has any thought been given to publishing a new and improved version of Tidy?
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote