Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
drake-r8
drake-r8 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS T1 and Kobo wireless
Book Cover?

Long time Sony and Kobo owner here. I never really considered a kindle before but am now looking at the new touch. One question - does the kindle display the book cover while in sleep mode like the Sony & Kobo readers do?
drake-r8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Nope.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
epubRay
epubRay doesn't litterepubRay doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
It displays "art" or if you buy the one with Ads, it will display different Ad (special offers etr)
epubRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by epubRay View Post
It displays "art"
Specifically - pictures of death authors.

I find the ads for more interesting to look at, personally.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yep. I'm pretty much tired of the authors. I'd like to replace it with something, but I haven't decided what.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Fish too... oh and some birds, and letters, and machines. They all make a nice wee change from the dead authors
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #7
epubRay
epubRay doesn't litterepubRay doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:

I kept reading that, but my Kindle Touch shows Pens, type writers, newspapers, printing press letter plates.... No dead Authors for me. Maybe the touch is different then the old ones, or maybe its because I live in Canada and it's different here.

I would have gotten the with offers one, but it's not available in Canada..
epubRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by epubRay View Post
I kept reading that, but my Kindle Touch shows Pens, type writers, newspapers, printing press letter plates.... No dead Authors for me. ...
Each generation of Kindle has had its own collection of images.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
drake-r8
drake-r8 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS T1 and Kobo wireless
Picking up your reader with a cover of the book you're reading is really neat . . .
drake-r8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #10
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:

That is only on the older Kindles. The current generation Kindles contain beautiful, high-res photos of things relating to reading and writing. The Fire also has a few of the same in color in addition to a larger collection.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #11
ametzler
Zealot
ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite II
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Yep. I'm pretty much tired of the authors. I'd like to replace it with something, but I haven't decided what.
Googling for kindle screensaver finds loads of nice images. ;-)

I really cannot understand why amazon decided to prohibit changing the images (without jailbreak), it would make the kindle a nicer device.

cu andreas
ametzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Fish too... oh and some birds, and letters, and machines. They all make a nice wee change from the dead authors
No monkeys?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote