Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
bspill
bspill began at the beginning.

Removing DRM

I would like to be able to re-format books in the new E-pub version being sold by Sony. Throughout this forum, I have read that all one has to do is remove the DRM and use Calibre to reformat the book. I can't however find any explaination as to how the DRM is removed. Is there a web site that gives specific directions?
bspill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:28 PM   #2
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspill View Post
I would like to be able to re-format books in the new E-pub version being sold by Sony. Throughout this forum, I have read that all one has to do is remove the DRM and use Calibre to reformat the book. I can't however find any explaination as to how the DRM is removed. Is there a web site that gives specific directions?
The subject of how to remove/defeat DRM is off-limits on this board. You should be able to find what you need on Google.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 11:43 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
If you are looking for remove DRM from ePub or PDF they do a google search for 'ineptpdf' and 'ineptepub'
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:51 AM   #4
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I have many eReader (pdb) format books I have collected over the years. I would really like to remove the DRM and be able to read them on my Sony reader..... but.... while I read everywhere how easy it is to do, I can't find the files to do it. I google, and come up with forum post saying how easy it is to find and to google it

No big deal, but I too would like to get rid of some DRM and actually be able to read books that I have bought. Oh, and that is why I refuse to buy even one more DRM laced book unless I can purge the evil spirit from it.....

I will even admit that for some of my bought books I have resorted to torrents to have working copies of them.... I don't like that sort of thing, but I feel I should be able to use what I bought....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote