Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-02-2013, 01:52 AM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The question "why can't the series number be downloaded and plugged into the series field" suggests Calibre to me. What has a "series field" other than Calibre?
You may be right, but since I don't own a Nook I have no idea if it has a series field in its software.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:49 AM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
The question "why can't the series number be downloaded and plugged into the series field" suggests Calibre to me. What has a "series field" other than Calibre?
https://code.google.com/p/epub-metadata-editor/

I think I've seen a couple of other metadata editors that also have series

I interpreted the question as relating to downloading the metadata within the context of downloading the book.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2013, 04:43 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Books don't have series metadata, as other posts in the thread have explained. Oh well, if the OP comes back and says it's not Calibre, we can move it elsewhere. Belongs in the "Workshop" forum if not Calibre.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Books don't have series metadata, as other posts in the thread have explained. Oh well, if the OP comes back and says it's not Calibre, we can move it elsewhere. Belongs in the "Workshop" forum if not Calibre.
After poking around I have come to the conclusion that the series and series-index tags are in fact associated with the calibre namespace.

Ben Chenoweth's program puts the series and index into :-

Code:
<meta name="calibre:series_index" content="10"/>
<meta name="calibre:series" content="Banking"/>
But we don't know that the OP knew that :lol:

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #20
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Books don't have series metadata, as other posts in the thread have explained. ...
When I open a book with FBReader (with epubs I convert using Calibre), it shows series information. I assumed the series information was metadata, it isn't?

Also, I believe that Kobo epubs sync with series information. I assume it is in the book. They use a database, so maybe it is database info (but I don't think it is).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2013, 08:03 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
When I open a book with FBReader (with epubs I convert using Calibre), it shows series information. I assumed the series information was metadata, it isn't?
I don't know where that comes from, but it's not from the standard set of metadata that a book has. ePub (like Mobi) has metadata based on what's called the "Dublin Core Standard", and that doesn't include anything about series.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #22
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Quote:
What has a "series field" other than Calibre?
My MLB Fantasy Baseball database. It keeps a record of my players, their stats and all the pennants I've won!

Sorry, but you did ask. So I just had to respond to it. Besides a little levity never hurt anyone - other than the smiley getting hit by the tomato!
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #23
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Also, I believe that Kobo epubs sync with series information. I assume it is in the book. They use a database, so maybe it is database info (but I don't think it is).
Unfortunately not. The series info is written directly to the device database when the device is seen by calibre. If you send a new book, the series info is only set the next time you connect.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #24
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks for the clarification.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote