Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
niceboy
Enthusiast
niceboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Dummies guide to Kindle collections with Calibre?

Can someone direct me to very simple basic instructions for how to establish collection groupings on the Kindle 3 using Calibre? The stuff I found on the subject was about getting "series" books to display in order within collections and it was confusing to me. I just want to set up basic genre categories from the start but I wouldn't mind doing it in batches for the text and epubs I intend to convert to mobi with Calibre. I have not been successful at registering at the Kindle Collection Manager site and though I very much like the idea of making categories easily from folders I may not be able to figure out that application anyway if it is script based. Thank you
niceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
This isn't currently possible - collections in Calibre don't work with collections on the Kindle.

If someone could reverse engineer the Kindle Collection Manager application, they could probably write a plug in for Calibre.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
niceboy
Enthusiast

Thanks. Doing collections book by book is fine.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
On the Kindle Collection Manager thread there are a number of other options to downloa the file without going through the registration process. I think somebody has posted a Megaupload link. The developer appears to be AWOL so you can just help yourself. It really is a very easy program to use.

Brewjono.
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:57 AM   #5
niceboy
Enthusiast

The developer is back online and i have the download but I can;t download the .Net Framework 4 Client Profile from Microsoft no matter what i do for some reason Would appreciate help on that.
Advert