Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by flips01 View Post
Would this be similar with Kindle PW or Onyx i62HD?
My main need is reading in complete darkness. External led lights disturbs my wife's sleep too much, and the iPad 1's screen also lights up the room too much, even at the lowest light intensity and reverse video/night mode.
The iPhone works, but I was hoping frontlit eInk would be better ...
The Kobo Glo is a direct competitor for the PW. Very similar specs, but connected to a different shop and allows sideloading ePubs. And it has a micro SD card slot. I don't know the Onyx device.

One complaint when comparing the Glo and the PW is that the Glo is brighter than the PW. Both the minimum and maximum level is higher. I use my Glo at night on the minimum level and have no problems with it. But, I can see that a level or two dimmer might be desirable..
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glolight, kindle, kobo, nook