Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #1
jfbok
jfbok is on a distinguished road

Device: Pandigital Supernova
Authors vertically

Hi,
on the first page of the online Calibre User Manual there is a simple two books example, that I admired, as suggested :-)

BUT I look all around to have the authors names listed vertically in my catalogs, and I found nothing. When I have more then one author, they are listed on one line for me.

What did I missed? Where to look for this option?

By the way, does a comparable option exist for the Tags Column?

Thanks

Last edited by jfbok; 05-30-2012 at 07:26 AM.
jfbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbok View Post
Hi,
on the first page of the online Calibre User Manual there is a simple two books example, that I admired, as suggested :-)

BUT I look all around to have the authors names listed vertically in my catalogs, and I found nothing. When I have more then one author, they are listed on one line for me.

What did I missed? Where to look for this option?

By the way, does a comparable option exist for the Tags Column?

Thanks
I believe that (option?)does not exists anymore (might have 2 or more Major level versions ago) in Library view.

Just to be clear: You are asking about a Single title with multiple Authors. Like:
Code:
Anne McCaffrey & Margaret Ball
and you want it to appear as :
Anne McCaffrey
Margaret Ball
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I'm guessing it is the screenshot from here:
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/

Time for Kovid to take another screenshot methinks - that appearance was gone from calibre before I started using it nearly two years ago...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Indeed having variable height rows in the book list was an absolute performance killer on large libraries, which is why it was removed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
jfbok
jfbok is on a distinguished road

Device: Pandigital Supernova
The end of the story

Thanks for these fast responses to the trhree of you.

I understand the problems that may have cause this option...

So I'll continue to use Calibre without it.

This peace of software has SO MANY OTHER GREAT QUALITIES,

Thanks again

Last edited by jfbok; 05-30-2012 at 12:34 PM.
jfbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
authors vertically