Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 AM   #1
wmacphail@gmail.
wmacphail@gmail. began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Digital Book
kobo server problem

This morning, like yesterday, got this message: Kobo cant start right now because of a problem connecting to the Kobo server.

This happens when I try to get to the library or read a book. Everything else works but can't read. Yesterday it happened once in the morning and then trying the apps just caused the,not crash. Solution anyone? Thanks.
wmacphail@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
It's been mentioned in other threads, but I'd restart the Vox first by doing a full power off, then on. If that doesn't do it, go into Settings - Kobo Reader settings, then the Run Kobo Set Up. Otherwise, it may be Factory Reset time.
Haesslich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I called Kobo, they are claiming the Vox Kobo server is down globally.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
That seems strange as i have access to all my books and the store. And have been able to get some books for free preview downloaded onto the Vox...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #5
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
That seems strange as i have access to all my books and the store. And have been able to get some books for free preview downloaded onto the Vox...
You can access book on your Vox via the Kobo app? Odd.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #6
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not odd, it's obviously up for users in Canada. Where are you?
Old 11-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I'm with you on the fine for Canadians part (now isn't that a twist).
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #8
Cdesja5
Wizard

LOL I knew that Alberta was part of Canada without even looking at your location...Anjohl is obviously somewhere else or trolling.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
LOL I knew that Alberta was part of Canada without even looking at your location...Anjohl is obviously somewhere else or trolling.
According to the Calgary Herald, we Albertans are beginning to turn left, yanno. Not BC or Ontario left, but sorta Saskatchewanish.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
According to the Calgary Herald, we Albertans are beginning to turn left, yanno. Not BC or Ontario left, but sorta Saskatchewanish.

I'll have to see if I can find that in the Herald
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite

See the article: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/po...716/story.html

I sorta added in my own interpretation (and I believe I made up a word at the very end)

Still
Old 11-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #12
Anjohl
Zealot

Quote:
Why do you think I am trolling? Also, I am in Canada, and the Kobo is made in China, and not localized for any market...and the problem occurs whether you connect online or not...so what would geographic location have to do with it?
Old 11-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #13
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just because the device is not localized, does not mean that the backend used by Kobo is not localized. I know from experience with the Touch that Kobo DO make use of Akami for localizing their CDN (Content Delivery Network) so it is quite possible that different people are getting different results right now.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #14
Cdesja5
Wizard

1. Where it's made is irrelevant... you have 4 persons here telling you that they can read and download new material with the Vox itself without any problems.
2. You might be on a different server if you're not in Canada or be blocked from accessing the server?
3. I wouldn't put too much stock into what the person at the call centre said, a server is what you use to connect online so obviously the server thing is not your issue as everyone else can connect and you say you have the problem whether you connect or not...
Old 11-11-2011, 03:13 AM   #15
Anjohl
Zealot

Quote:
1. Where it's made is irrelevant... you have 4 persons here telling you that they can read and download new material with the Vox itself without any problems.
2. You might be on a different server if you're not in Canada or be blocked from accessing the server?
3. I wouldn't put too much stock into what the person at the call centre said, a server is what you use to connect online so obviously the server thing is not your issue as everyone else can connect and you say you have the problem whether you connect or not...
Well it's odd that they knew exactly what the problem was, and that several people have complaimed about it on here....are you folks this obtuse in real life?