Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > Kindle Books (offline)

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Cabell, James Branch: The Nightmare Had Triplets, v1, 8 February 2010.

The Nightmare Had Triplets
A trilogy by (James) Branch Cabell (1879-1958) consisting of the novels: Smirt (1934), Smith (1935), Smire (1937).

There are several novels by Cabell in which a person becomes a god. In this one, the central character—a writer—becomes a trinity of gods and gets involved with a number of characters from history and mythology, including the Virgin Mary.

I am grateful to forum member, Ralph Sir Edward, who provided the source files and did a great deal of proofreading.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
EXCELLENT WORK!

You even got the "name" right (Branch Cabell).

This is a time for rejoicing.

Now....if only I had my complete Storiesende set with me so I could scan all those and give them to you for conversion.

Thank you!

= Happiness!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
EXCELLENT WORK!

You even got the "name" right (Branch Cabell).

This is a time for rejoicing.

Now....if only I had my complete Storiesende set with me so I could scan all those and give them to you for conversion.

Thank you!

= Happiness!

Don

What, the Illustrated versions (minus the illustrations) aren't good enough?

or maybe the Heirs and Assigns.....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
What, the Illustrated versions (minus the illustrations) aren't good enough?

or maybe the Heirs and Assigns.....

All this will do, until a Complete Storiesende becomes available (and, as you know that set represents the definitive James Branch Cabell.)

I actually collect the Kalki Editions, as well, in their different editions because of the changes he incorporated. Talk about anal-retentive....

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
All this will do, until a Complete Storiesende becomes available (and, as you know that set represents the definitive James Branch Cabell.)

I actually collect the Kalki Editions, as well, in their different editions because of the changes he incorporated. Talk about anal-retentive....

Don
All right, hotshot...

Which is more definitive - The Storiesende Edition of The Music From Behind the Moon or the 1948 version in The Witch Woman???

And what did you think of my pulling out the two episodes from Straws and Prayer-Books and putting them in as appendicies to The Silver Stallion? It may not be kosher by Storiesende standards, but at last all the stories of the members of the fellowship after the fellowship was ended are now all together....

(I'll bet anybody else reading this are ROFL about our quibbles!)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
american literature, legend, mythology