Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #91
Carcara
Carcara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Just requested to join 'Portuguese (Brazil)' team! I think I can help this amazing project with my 2 cents.

Adding another noob question:
To update the koreader, I should delet the folders from the kindle and than bring the new one or I just need to copy and merge? Thanks
Carcara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #92
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
@Carcara, thanks

At least for now, simple overwrite copy should be fine (this is what I does to my kpw). If you really want to take the clean and copy approach, then you should first backup the history folder.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #93
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi there.
I just requested a team for Russian. I'll be glad to do some work on it! Please stay in touch.

Updated: okay, I translated all the phrases

Last edited by varnie; 04-11-2013 at 11:14 AM.
varnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #94
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
For the french translation, can someone give me the context for "on" and "off" please?
As in do I show as turned off, as in a tap, or turned out, as in a light. It does make a difference, honestly. One or two others where I didn't understand the english I have left blank.
Mostly done now, just doing the last few
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #95
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Tested the latest nightly release.
First of all, thanks a lot!

Here's the brief list of what I've discovered so far:
1. How can one add/delete bookmarks? There's the menu option for that, but it looks like it is not implemented or did I miss something?
2. When I'd been discovering the bottom menu options the program got frozen once. No ideas what exactly caused that. I'll try to rerun it with the debug option enabled.
3. It seems increasing/decreasing the font size not always works. I.e. when I in(de)-crease the font size from time to time, the font remains as it was before.
Advert
Old 04-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #96
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
thank you both for the translation

@varnie We maintained a simple user guide for KOReader in :https://github.com/koreader/koreader...der-User-Guide, you should be able to find the answer for your frist question there. As for Q3, are you trying to change the font size in pdf/djvu or epub?

@piperclassique
on/off means the on/off toggle in the config menu, so it means turn on/off a feature.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #97
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj74 View Post
I confirm, you can simply change the font koreader to solve.
Changing the font resolved the wrong exhibtion of accentuaded characters *in the document*. By the way, the brazilian portuguese translation I've helped to do appears much wrong, because it seems KOReader UI font does not support accent marks (it shows squares instead of á, ç...).

Thanks for the attention, in hope for a fix!

Update: Also, the new version (koreader-v2013.03-107-g0dfa2c8) is not going home anymore (paralyses everything when I try to quit). It was perfect two versions before.

Last edited by Antoinekamel; 04-12-2013 at 03:07 AM.
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:08 AM   #98
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
For the french translation, can someone give me the context for "on" and "off" please?
As in do I show as turned off, as in a tap, or turned out, as in a light. It does make a difference, honestly. One or two others where I didn't understand the english I have left blank.
Mostly done now, just doing the last few
In most case "on"/"off" means "enabled"/"disabled". It indicates the status of the option not the action of the toggle button.
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:05 AM   #99
varnie
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
thank you both for the translation

@varnie As for Q3, are you trying to change the font size in pdf/djvu or epub?
I'm trying to change it in pdf.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:04 AM   #100
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Exit issue resolved in Kindle Touch! (?)

I've tested the solution below with my Touch and my Paperwhite, seems to work on both, and without side effects. Now KOReader exits normally and the Kindle home screen is shown completely, with menu bar. Two steps, all inside the "koreader" folder:

Spoiler:
ONE: Change the following function on reader.lua (line 176 or a little more) with the following:

Code:
function FileManager:onClose()
		os.exit()
		return true
	end
TWO: Change the default Kindle language to English (US).

Last edited by Antoinekamel; 04-12-2013 at 04:17 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:13 AM   #101
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnie View Post
I'm trying to change it in pdf.
you can change font size only in reflow mode.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:16 AM   #102
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
I've tested the solution below with my Touch and my Paperwhite, seems to work on Touch only, and without side effects
Did you try the current one? I can use it w/o any problem.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:18 AM   #103
Antoinekamel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Did you try the current one? I can use it w/o any problem.
I was having problems with exiting in the current one. Do you use your Kindle in English? I suspect the step 1 of the solution is unnecessary...
Old 04-12-2013, 04:27 AM   #104
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
Do you use your Kindle in English?
Yes, English (US).
Old 04-12-2013, 04:41 AM   #105
Antoinekamel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Yes, English (US).

I have tested with the original reader.lua, with Kindle in English (US). Works perfect this way. Maybe the problem is with the brazilian portuguese localization (or localization in general, maybe). Thanks for the feedback.

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch