Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-26-2009, 07:40 AM   #16
anahid
Connoisseur
anahid began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 + Kindle 3
From the outside it looks just like the cybook, would it not fit in a cybook cover?
anahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #17
robyn777
robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ebookwise 1150 & eslick
Quote:
Originally Posted by anahid View Post
From the outside it looks just like the cybook, would it not fit in a cybook cover?
Yes I think it would and it's a really nice cover but the price and the outrageous shipping is not what I was looking for.

I actually bought the OCTO Kindle leather slip cover from Amazon which costs only 9.99 including shipping. I plan to make a few design changes so it will open and hold the eslick.

Wish me luck

Although I was tempted by the cybook covers, especially the red one!
robyn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:49 PM   #18
faoronin
faoronin began at the beginning.

Device: eSlick
battery life on eslick

had mine since tuesday this week, from a fully charged unit this morning I got 5 hours of reading time before it shut down on me and won't start. NO mp3, just pdf viewing.

hoping it's a bad battery. which is a 750 mAh
faoronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #19
wanchope
Enthusiast
wanchope began at the beginning.

Device: Foxit Eslick, Mobireader on Nokia 6220c
Wow, that sucks! Hope we can just DIY and install a battery with larger capacity. The 7000-pages slogan seems pretty misleading then!

Just saw another short review earlier, the cover for Hanlin V3 fits Eslick. It even has a thin built-in steel plate to protect the screen.
wanchope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:19 AM   #20
conelly79
conelly79 began at the beginning.

Device: none
exactly what I've been looking for! Just a few questions:
Can it set bookmarks? If not, can you jump to pages in pdf files as well?
more news about the battery life?
conelly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:30 AM   #21
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by faoronin View Post
had mine since tuesday this week, from a fully charged unit this morning I got 5 hours of reading time before it shut down on me and won't start. NO mp3, just pdf viewing.

Sometimes it takes a few charges before a new battery is full charged to capacity.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:09 AM   #22
ooo
Enthusiast
ooo began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
I was just wondering, how long does it take for a page to refresh?
ooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:21 PM   #23
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Unboxing of the ESlick

I found these in TeleRead around yesterday.

http://www.teleread.org/2009/03/30/g...xes-the-foxit/

ESlick seems to be slow to catch up in the media..No real race for the first hands on review..
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:57 AM   #24
wanchope
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by conelly79 View Post
exactly what I've been looking for! Just a few questions:
Can it set bookmarks? If not, can you jump to pages in pdf files as well?
more news about the battery life?
It has the "go to page" function. But adding bookmark is something it lacks now. Only "resume reading" is available. Hope this could be fixed in future firmware upgrade.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:58 AM   #25
wanchope
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo View Post
I was just wondering, how long does it take for a page to refresh?
All I can say is that it's PRETTY fast! Shouldn't bother you at all.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:38 AM   #26
wanchope
Enthusiast

See two more examples of viewing PDF with pictures, one fit to width, one reflowed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fit to width.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	26917   Click image for larger version

Name:	reflowed.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	26918  
Old 04-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #27
robyn777
robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ebookwise 1150 & eslick
Quote:
Originally Posted by faoronin View Post

The instructions said it needs to be fully charged several times. Mine did the same thing and just recharged it yesterday I'll see how it goes.
robyn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #28
wanchope
Enthusiast

I've charged it twice since I first got the device. The battery lasts about 2 days on average. Not sure if it's its regular battery performance, but it does SUCK!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #29
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchope View Post
See two more examples of viewing PDF with pictures, one fit to width, one reflowed.
Are the 150%, 200%, 400% and 800% options reflowing?
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:36 AM   #30
wanchope
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Are the 150%, 200%, 400% and 800% options reflowing?
Not sure if I get what you're saying. correct me if I get it wrong.

The 150%, 200%.... are part of the zooming option. But what I showed in the second pic was reflowing not zooming. An easy way to tell is if everthing's still complete in that one screen. If you zoom to certain percent, say 200%, a big part of the picture and probably half of the sentences in each line will be out of the screen. You'll have to scroll left or right to read everything, which is very irritating.
But reflowing is like auto word-wrap. So if you take a closer look at the two pictures, the sentences are complete in both of them.
And with reflowing, you can select 5 different fonts. While with zooming, you cannot do.