Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-15-2012, 02:52 AM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Tag browser Series hierarchy

Is it possible to have series hierarchy like we are able to do for tags with periods in the tag browser. I mostly read series and usually just use a world or universe for a multiple series universe. I know one way is to use custom columns but I don't want to do that. I don't care if the series index is one but would like to have a hierarchy in the series name.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:00 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Should have checked before asking it works.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:14 AM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard

Ok now that it works I am wondering how to use it in send to device currently I am using

Ebooks/{tags:re([\.],/!)|!|}/{authors[0]}/{authors}/{series}/{series_index:0>5.2f| |-}{title}

That make a folder for each series thats ok but with series that are hierarchical I would only like the top series folder and the series name after the period added to the title something like

Series\01 - Subseries Title

Instead of Series.Subseries\01 - Title

As I usually use internal chronology for my series index instead of the publication order for most series they show up in different series folder.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:30 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I think that the following does what you are looking for.
Code:
Ebooks/{tags:re([\.],/!)|!|}/{authors[0]}/{authors}/{series:subitems(0,1)||/}{series_index:0>5.2f| | - }{series:subitems(1,10)| | - }{title}
It puts the first (or only) component of the series between two slashes, then puts the second through last components between the series index and the title. If there is no series then the second slash is omitted. I added some spaces and dashes that you might not want.

Note that if there is only one component (no hierarchy), then the result is the series index followed by the title. If you want some text that indicates "no hierarchy", then use something like the following:
Code:
Ebooks/{tags:re([\.],/!)|!|}/{authors[0]}/{authors}/{series:subitems(0,1)||/}{series_index:0>5.2f| | - }{series:'ifempty(subitems($, 1,10), 'No Subseries')'| | - }{title}
This template uses template program mode for the series+subitems call so that the function calls can be nested.

If you want something that indicates "No series" as well, then use something like
Code:
Ebooks/{tags:re([\.],/!)|!|}/{authors[0]}/{authors}/{series:'ifempty(subitems($, 0,1), 'No Series')'||/}{series_index:0>5.2f| | - }{series:'ifempty(subitems($, 1,10), 'No Subseries')'| | - }{title}
BTW: It is much easier to test templates of this complexity using a "column built from other columns" instead of actually sending books to the device.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:20 AM   #5
Dopedangel
Wizard

Thank Chaley the first one would be perfect for what I am trying to do. Now to actually put my series in hierarchies.