Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
Joywalker
Enthusiast
Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Reading Life Award- Off The Wall

How do I get it?? Need advice!!

Thanks in advance!!
Joywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
Joywalker
Enthusiast
Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joywalker View Post

Thanks in advance!!
Anyone? Really want to know how do u announce to people what you are reading right now and seems pretty easy to earn this award.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
i think it only works with the iphone / ipad and their apps.
i could be wrong and taking a stab at it but i don't see how to post anything from the kobo yet and i haven't dabbled with the android ap.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:

Thanks in advance!!
IIRC, you get it (at least I did on the Android app) by sharing what you're reading to your Facebook account (I think it required doing it 5 times). Don't know if the Touch has sharing like that or not.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
IIRC, you get it (at least I did on the Android app) by sharing what you're reading to your Facebook account (I think it required doing it 5 times). Don't know if the Touch has sharing like that or not.
cool, will have to try with the android ap then.
i normally don't read on that at all, i use fbreader on my phone that way i can read any epub i buy and not just from kobo.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #6
Joywalker
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
i think it only works with the iphone / ipad and their apps.
i could be wrong and taking a stab at it but i don't see how to post anything from the kobo yet and i haven't dabbled with the android ap.
Yep! I did it! On my iPhone though.
First go to your library, then pick the book you wish to start.
Once you open the book, touch the middle to get the menu.
There will be 3 icons on right hand corner.Choose the one in the middle.
Press 'Overview' and it will show the cover of the book.
Press 'Share' and Voila! That's how I get my 1st level of "Off The Wall".
Old 07-19-2011, 05:53 PM   #7
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Yep! I did it! On my iPhone though.
First go to your library, then pick the book you wish to start.
Once you open the book, touch the middle to get the menu.
There will be 3 icons on right hand corner.Choose the one in the middle.
Press 'Overview' and it will show the cover of the book.
Press 'Share' and Voila! That's how I get my 1st level of "Off The Wall".
Now you're on the way towards your "Social Butterfly" award - 10 shares to Facebook to get this one.

Does anyone know how to get the "Booklover" award on the Kobo touch? It says simply sign into your account or create a new one. Signed in heaps of times but still don't have the award.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:57 PM   #8
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
kiwipippa, I have the same problem.
Did you ever get the award?
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #9
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorDog View Post
kiwipippa, I have the same problem.
Did you ever get the award?
Nope, never got it. Still sitting there greyed out
Old 07-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #10
siraks
use the force

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
Nope, never got it. Still sitting there greyed out
i believe someone mentioned that there was an error with that award and that kobo was looking at it.

i saw it somewhere in passing and it could be in reference to another award but i'm pretty sure it was this one.

sorry for not being a complete help but at least a bit of info.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:39 PM   #11
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
i believe someone mentioned that there was an error with that award and that kobo was looking at it.

i saw it somewhere in passing and it could be in reference to another award but i'm pretty sure it was this one.

I think you may have to make multiple posts?
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #12
kiwipippa
Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks siraks, good to know