Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you mark (annotate) your ebooks? (notes, bookmarks, etc)
Never 71 53.79%
Sometimes 34 25.76%
Often 9 6.82%
Almost Always 7 5.30%
Yes, it's very important to me. 11 8.33%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #46
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Bookmarks are really valuable when you are sharing an account and multiple people are reading the same book at the same time. That way if you auto sync accidently, you can go back to your spot in the book pretty easily.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #47
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
This is interesting - when the poll was first posted I chose "never", yet since then I have started annotating an ebook for the first time. (Well, second time, but the first-first time was just to see how the feature worked, so it didn't count.)

I'm reading a novel and I highlighted some lines and made a few notes of things to use when I review it on GR when I'm done. I may start using this feature regularly, who knows?
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #48
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
One of my favorite thing about ebooks is that I can make as many annotations as I like. While I do mark up pbooks (not library or borrowed books... just the ones that I own), these mark ups are generally limited to underlining. The margins are not big enough for much else.

I prefer books that stand up to multiple readings: first reading is for content, subsequent readings are for enjoyment and edification (or more precisely, enjoyment through edification). I try to make note of any similarities that I see to other books, or my life, or world events, or whatever. I like looking back at my earlier responses to a text and seeing if I still feel the same way the second, third, fourth time that I read it. I also make predictions regarding what will happen next, and I like being able to quickly refer back to whatever bit of foreshadowing that I spotted (or that I spotted in hindsight on a subsequent reading). If I jumped on to wikipedia to double check something, I usually make a quick note of it. For instance, I'm reading Anna Karenina at the moment, and went to wikipedia to get a quick overview of Tolstoy's views on communism.
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #49
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I never annotate books, paper or digital.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote