Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Problems getting text to justify

I am trying to convert over my LRFs for the Kindle and Calibre is giving me problems with the justifying. I want the text to always be justified and it seems to be sometimes doing it, sometimes not. I figured out that the LRFs from here and from Fictionwise won't convert in a justified way and am willing to re-download those. But my HTML files, it baffles me. When I saw the problem, I re-did a batch of them all together (i.e. with one command and using the same double-checked settings) and some of them were justified and some were not. A few of the ones that were not, I went back and did again and then they were. I tried finding a preference to tell it to ALWAYS justify when it converts and could not find it. I have been manually unchecking the justify text box on the look and feel screen and yet I am still winding up with many files which need to be re-done and this is taking me a very long time. What am I doing wrong?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
if your source files specify their own justification, calibre will not override that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How do I know if they do?
Old 01-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
ficbot, the best solution is to convert your LRF to ePub. Then you can edit the CSS to fix anything needed like justification and then you can convert to Mobi without a problem.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
ficbot
Wizard

JSwolf- you mean I can do this all in Calibre? That will be a huge help over re-converting everything. I am just not clear what a CSS is or how to access it.

For future reference, should I download the epub and convert it when dealing with things from here or Fictionwise multiformat buys? Is that more 'future-proof' than downloading mobipocket format when years from now I may not be using an Amazon reader?

I so appreciate the help. This may save me heaps of time.
Advert