Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
Matt.Geiger
Matt.Geiger began at the beginning.

Device: Kindel
Calibre to Kindel previewer .NCX issues

We create a epub file which contains our .ncx file.
Normally we would just drag our .epub file on kindel previewer and let it convert and create the kindel file.
Doing this the .ncx file works fine in the Previewer.
What we did find that "our css "block" style was not keeping a hanging indent.
We found that letting Calibre convert our epub to .mobi file and then opening the Calibre .mobi file in Kindel previewer retained our hanging indents.
But it would bash our .ncx file telling us their is no .ncx file.
We know their is one cause it works from the epub we drop into the kindel previewer.
Any Idea what is going on? How can i fix this.

Also what program do you use to unpack and repack a .mobi file?
Matt.Geiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:11 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
I would guess that Calibre is trashing your TOC because you have 'Force use of auto-generated TOC' enabled. If this option is enabled it will overwrite a good TOC based on however Calibre is configured to detect a TOC, and if Calibre's TOC detection is improperly configured then you'll get a garbage TOC in the conversion.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
Matt.Geiger

It is not killing the TOC
It is messing up our .NCX file.

This is the error
"Missing NCX file

Your Book is currently Missing a NCX file, which defines the sequence and organization of your book. The NCX file allows readers to skip between chapters or sections of a Kindle book."

Our NCX works when not converted thru Calibre.
I am also unsure where the
"If this option is enabled it will overwrite a good TOC based on however Calibre is configured to detect a TOC, and if Calibre's TOC detection is improperly configured then you'll get a garbage TOC in the conversion. "
Is in the Calibre prefrences.

Thank you
Matt
Old 03-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

By TOC I meant NCX - an NCX is one of the two types of TOCs that the Kindle uses. The NCX is used for the chapter tics, and the inline TOC is used for the user visible TOC.

Many users use Calibre to create a mobi NCX from an epub NCX, which is clearly what you're trying to do. Calibre's default settings will do this for you automatically. The fact that it's not working for you means you have something configured incorrectly. The most likely thing is that you've enabled the option I already mentioned. I got the wording slightly off before - the actual text of the option is "Force use of auto-generated Table of Contents". Make sure this is disabled in the conversion options. It's in the "Table of Contents" panel of the conversion options.

Last edited by ldolse; 03-21-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
Matt.Geiger

"the actual text of the option is "Force use of auto-generated Table of Contents". Make sure this is disabled in the conversion options. It's in the "Table of Contents" panel of the conversion options. "

I ran my valid epub thru the Calibre system again made sure this Option was not checked. In converting to Mobi and then opening the .mobi file into Kindel Previewer i still get the same error.
I know my .NCX was in the .epub file, and the .epub file validates for epub and even Apples validation tool. I don't know why Calibre keeps messing up the .ncx file.
We create epubs for Kindel and generic epubs. we have never used Calibre since you didn't need Calibre when using the new version of Kindel Previewe since it will translate the .epub file.
The reason we switched to this is we found out by using Calibre it holds the "Block" paragraph style in our CSS where the conversion that Kindel Previewer doesn't.

We create a toc.html file and a .ncx file for all of our jobs.
are their anyother settings for Calibre conversion to .mobi i should be looking at.
We are updated to the most current version of Calibre as well.

Thanks
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
ldolse
Wizard

I just tried converting an epub to mobi with the default conversion options and it converted just fine, tic marks show up in the Kindle Previewer.

Either you have some other non-default conversion options that may be getting in the way, or there is something wrong with your epub's ncx file. When you open your epub file in Adobe Digital Editions does it show a Table of Contents?
Old 03-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #7
Matt.Geiger

Yes when we open it in Adobe Digital Editions it shows the .ncx Table of Contents.
When we Open the .epub in the Kindel Previewer with out going thru Calibrie the .ncx Navigation TOC is showing up as well.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #8
ldolse
Wizard

Click on 'Jobs' in the lower right corner of the main Calibre window. Highlight the most recent problem conversion, and copy paste the job details to a window here.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #9
Matt.Geiger

Ok Well i tried to restore to Defaults, on my Mac OSX calibre and Installed a clean on my PC and neither worked it still messes up the .ncx file in the Kindel previewer.

Below is my NCX file.
toc.ncx
Quote:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE ncx PUBLIC "-//NISO//DTD ncx 2005-1//EN" "http://www.daisy.org/z3986/2005/ncx-2005-1.dtd">
<ncx xmlns="http://www.daisy.org/z3986/2005/ncx/" version="2005-1">
<head>
<meta name="dtb:uid" content="9781429946452"/>
<meta name="dtb:depth" content="1"/>
<meta name="dtb:totalPageCount" content="384"/>
<meta name="dtb:maxPageNumber" content="0"/>
</head>
<docTitle>
<text>BLANK</text>
</docTitle>
<navMap>
<navPoint id="navpoint-1" playOrder="1"><navLabel><text>Cover</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/cover.xml"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-2" playOrder="2"><navLabel><text>Title Page</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/title.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-3" playOrder="3"><navLabel><text>Epigraph</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/epigraph.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-4" playOrder="4"><navLabel><text>Contents</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/contents.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-5" playOrder="5"><navLabel><text>PROLOGUE: SEPTEMBER 20, 1918</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/prologue.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-6" playOrder="6"><navLabel><text>1. A LIVING CHRIST</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/chapter1.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-7" playOrder="7"><navLabel><text>2. NEUROSIS AND BEATITUDE</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/chapter2.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-8" playOrder="8"><navLabel><text>3. JESUS&#x2019;S SHOCK TROOPS?</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/chapter3.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-9" playOrder="9"><navLabel><text>4. HOLY MAN, HOLY OFFICE</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/chapter4.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-10" playOrder="10"><navLabel><text>5. A CHANGE OF CLIMATE</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/chapter5.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-11" playOrder="11"><navLabel><text>6. LIVES OF THE SAINT</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/chapter6.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-12" playOrder="12"><navLabel><text>7. RASPUTIN REBORN</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/chapter7.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-13" playOrder="13"><navLabel><text>8. THE SORROWS OF THIS WORLD</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/chapter8.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-14" playOrder="14"><navLabel><text>9. THE WHITE HAND AND THE RED</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/chapter9.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-15" playOrder="15"><navLabel><text>10. A STRAW IDOL</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/chapter10.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-16" playOrder="16"><navLabel><text>EPILOGUE: MAY 2, 1999</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/epilogue.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-17" playOrder="17"><navLabel><text>NOTES</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/notes.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-18" playOrder="18"><navLabel><text>ACKNOWLEDGMENTS</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/acknowledgments.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-19" playOrder="19"><navLabel><text>INDEX</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/index.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-20" playOrder="20"><navLabel><text>About the Author</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/author.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-21" playOrder="21"><navLabel><text>Also by Sergio Luzzatto</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/adcard.html"/></navPoint>
<navPoint id="navpoint-22" playOrder="22"><navLabel><text>Copyright</text></navLabel><content src="xhtml/copyright.html"/></navPoint>
</navMap>
Log from Calibre:

Quote:
Convert book 1 of 1 (Blank Converted)
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 0.7.50
{'asciiize': False,
'author_sort': None,
'authors': None,
'base_font_size': 0.0,
'book_producer': None,
'change_justification': u'original',
'chapter': u"//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., 'chapter|book|section|part|prologue|epilogue\\s+', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']",
'chapter_mark': u'pagebreak',
'comments': None,
'cover': 'c:\\docume~1\\matt\\locals~1\\temp\\calibre_0.7.5 0_tmp_ekvm77\\calibre_0.7.50_05jdic.jpeg',
'debug_pipeline': None,
'dehyphenate': True,
'delete_blank_paragraphs': True,
'disable_font_rescaling': False,
'dont_compress': False,
'enable_heuristics': False,
'extra_css': None,
'fix_indents': True,
'font_size_mapping': None,
'format_scene_breaks': True,
'html_unwrap_factor': 0.4,
'input_encoding': None,
'input_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.InputProfile object at 0x0453B4B0>,
'insert_blank_line': False,
'insert_metadata': False,
'isbn': None,
'italicize_common_cases': True,
'keep_ligatures': False,
'language': None,
'level1_toc': None,
'level2_toc': None,
'level3_toc': None,
'line_height': 0.0,
'linearize_tables': False,
'margin_bottom': 5.0,
'margin_left': 5.0,
'margin_right': 5.0,
'margin_top': 5.0,
'markup_chapter_headings': True,
'max_toc_links': 50,
'minimum_line_height': 120.0,
'mobi_ignore_margins': False,
'no_chapters_in_toc': False,
'no_inline_navbars': True,
'no_inline_toc': False,
'output_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.KindleOutput object at 0x0453B7D0>,
'page_breaks_before': u'/',
'personal_doc': u'[PDOC]',
'prefer_author_sort': False,
'prefer_metadata_cover': False,
'pretty_print': False,
'pubdate': None,
'publisher': None,
'rating': None,
'read_metadata_from_opf': 'c:\\docume~1\\matt\\locals~1\\temp\\calibre_0.7.5 0_tmp_ekvm77\\calibre_0.7.50_ra_zge.opf',
'remove_first_image': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing_indent_size': 1.5,
'renumber_headings': True,
'replace_scene_breaks': u'',
'rescale_images': False,
'series': None,
'series_index': None,
'smarten_punctuation': False,
'sr1_replace': None,
'sr1_search': None,
'sr2_replace': None,
'sr2_search': None,
'sr3_replace': None,
'sr3_search': None,
'tags': None,
'timestamp': None,
'title': None,
'title_sort': None,
'toc_filter': None,
'toc_threshold': 6,
'toc_title': None,
'unwrap_lines': True,
'use_auto_toc': False,
'verbose': 2}
InputFormatPlugin: EPUB Input running
on C:\Documents and Settings\matt\Calibre Library\Sergio Luzzatto\Blank Converted (2)\Blank Converted - Sergio Luzzatto.epub
Found HTML cover titlepage.xhtml
Parsing all content...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/chapter8.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/chapter9.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/contents.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/copyright.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/cover.xml ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/epigraph.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/epilogue.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/foot-note.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/index.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/notes_split_000.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/notes_split_001.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/acknowledgments.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/adcard.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/prologue.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/author.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/chapter1.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/title.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/chapter10.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/chapter2.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/chapter3.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/chapter5.html ...
Parsing stylesheet1.css ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/chapter6.html ...
Parsing titlepage.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/chapter7.html ...
Parsing OEBPS/xhtml/chapter4.html ...
Reading TOC from NCX...
Merging user specified metadata...
Detecting structure...
Flattening CSS and remapping font sizes...
Source base font size is 12.00000pt
Cleaning up manifest...
Trimming unused files from manifest...
Parsing stylesheet.css ...
Trimming 'cover1.jpeg' from manifest
Trimming 'titlepage.xhtml' from manifest
Creating MOBI Output...
Applying case-transforming CSS...
Parsing manglecase.css ...
Rasterizing SVG images...
Converting XHTML to Mobipocket markup...
Serializing markup content...
Compressing markup content...
Generating flat CTOC ...
CNCX utilization: 1 record, 0% full
Indexing navPoints ...
*** TOC discontinuity: nodes are not sequential ***
node 000: 'Cover' offset: 0x170D92 length: 0x9A
node 001: 'Title Page' offset: 0x64 != 0x170E2C
child 000: TOC: Cover --> OEBPS/xhtml/cover.xml
child 001: TOC: Title Page --> OEBPS/xhtml/title.html
child 002: TOC: Epigraph --> OEBPS/xhtml/epigraph.html
child 003: TOC: Contents --> OEBPS/xhtml/contents.html
child 004: TOC: PROLOGUE: SEPTEMBER 20, 1918 --> OEBPS/xhtml/prologue.html
child 005: TOC: 1. A LIVING CHRIST --> OEBPS/xhtml/chapter1.html
child 006: TOC: 2. NEUROSIS AND BEATITUDE --> OEBPS/xhtml/chapter2.html
_generate_indexed_navpoints: Failed to generate index
Writing unindexed mobi ...
Serializing images...
MOBI output written to c:\docume~1\matt\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.7.50_tmp_ ekvm77\calibre_0.7.50_qygv6r.mobi

Last edited by Matt.Geiger; 03-22-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
look at playorder 8
Code:
<text>3. JESUS&#x2019;S SHOCK TROOPS?</text>
I don't know if the is legal usage
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #11
ldolse
Wizard

I'm no expert on NCX files. Your conversion log states where Calibre sees the problem though:
Code:
Indexing navPoints ...
*** TOC discontinuity: nodes are not sequential ***
node 000: 'Cover' offset: 0x170D92 length: 0x9A
node 001: 'Title Page' offset: 0x64 != 0x170E2C
child 000: TOC: Cover --> OEBPS/xhtml/cover.xml
child 001: TOC: Title Page --> OEBPS/xhtml/title.html
child 002: TOC: Epigraph --> OEBPS/xhtml/epigraph.html
child 003: TOC: Contents --> OEBPS/xhtml/contents.html
child 004: TOC: PROLOGUE: SEPTEMBER 20, 1918 --> OEBPS/xhtml/prologue.html
child 005: TOC: 1. A LIVING CHRIST --> OEBPS/xhtml/chapter1.html
child 006: TOC: 2. NEUROSIS AND BEATITUDE --> OEBPS/xhtml/chapter2.html
_generate_indexed_navpoints: Failed to generate index
I don't know if the cause of this error is a bug or a problem with your NCX.

As a comparative example I do see minor differences vis-a-vis the one I just converted which worked (nothing jumps out at me though):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE ncx PUBLIC "-//NISO//DTD ncx 2005-1//EN" "http://www.daisy.org/z3986/2005/ncx-2005-1.dtd">
<ncx version="2005-1" xml:lang="en-US" xmlns="http://www.daisy.org/z3986/2005/ncx/">

<head>
<meta name="dtb:PrimaryID" content="978-0-440-33516-0"/>
<meta name="dtb:depth" content="2"/>
	<meta name="dtb:totalPageCount" content="0"/>
	<meta name="dtb:maxPageNumber" content="0"/>
</head>

<docTitle><text>Outlander</text></docTitle>
<docAuthor><text>Diana Gabaldon</text></docAuthor>

<navMap>

<navPoint id="cvi" playOrder="1">
<navLabel><text>COVER PAGE</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_cvi_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="tp" playOrder="2">
<navLabel><text>TITLE PAGE</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_tp_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="toc" playOrder="3">
<navLabel><text>CONTENTS</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_toc_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="ded" playOrder="4">
<navLabel><text>DEDICATION</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_ded_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="epi" playOrder="5">
<navLabel><text>EPIGRAPH</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_epi_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="qts" playOrder="6">
<navLabel><text>PRAISE</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_qts_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="ack" playOrder="7">
<navLabel><text>ACKNOWLEDGMENTS</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_ack_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="p01" playOrder="8">
<navLabel><text>PART ONE</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_p01_r1.htm"/>

<navPoint id="c01" playOrder="9">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 1</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c01_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c02" playOrder="10">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 2</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c02_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c03" playOrder="11">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 3</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c03_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c04" playOrder="12">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 4</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c04_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c05" playOrder="13">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 5</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c05_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="p02" playOrder="14">
<navLabel><text>PART TWO</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_p02_r1.htm"/>

<navPoint id="c06" playOrder="15">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 6</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c06_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c07" playOrder="16">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 7</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c07_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c08" playOrder="17">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 8</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c08_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c09" playOrder="18">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 9</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c09_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c10" playOrder="19">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 10</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c10_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="p03" playOrder="20">
<navLabel><text>PART THREE</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_p03_r1.htm"/>

<navPoint id="c11" playOrder="21">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 11</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c11_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c12" playOrder="22">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 12</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c12_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c13" playOrder="23">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 13</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c13_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c14" playOrder="24">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 14</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c14_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c15" playOrder="25">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 15</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c15_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c16" playOrder="26">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 16</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c16_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c17" playOrder="27">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 17</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c17_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c18" playOrder="28">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 18</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c18_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c19" playOrder="29">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 19</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c19_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c20" playOrder="30">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 20</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c20_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c21" playOrder="31">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 21</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c21_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c22" playOrder="32">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 22</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c22_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c23" playOrder="33">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 23</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c23_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="p04" playOrder="34">
<navLabel><text>PART FOUR</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_p04_r1.htm"/>

<navPoint id="c24" playOrder="35">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 24</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c24_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c25" playOrder="36">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 25</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c25_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="p05" playOrder="37">
<navLabel><text>PART FIVE</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_p05_r1.htm"/>

<navPoint id="c26" playOrder="38">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 26</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c26_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c27" playOrder="39">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 27</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c27_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c28" playOrder="40">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 28</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c28_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c29" playOrder="41">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 29</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c29_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c30" playOrder="42">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 30</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c30_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c31" playOrder="43">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 31</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c31_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c32" playOrder="44">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 32</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c32_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c33" playOrder="45">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 33</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c33_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="p06" playOrder="46">
<navLabel><text>PART SIX</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_p06_r1.htm"/>

<navPoint id="c34" playOrder="47">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 34</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c34_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="p07" playOrder="48">
<navLabel><text>PART SEVEN</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_p07_r1.htm"/>

<navPoint id="c35" playOrder="49">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 35</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c35_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c36" playOrder="50">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 36</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c36_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c37" playOrder="51">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 37</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c37_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c38" playOrder="52">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 38</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c38_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c39" playOrder="53">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 39</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c39_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c40" playOrder="54">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 40</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c40_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="c41" playOrder="55">
<navLabel><text>CHAPTER 41</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_c41_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="bm1" playOrder="56">
<navLabel><text>Excerpt from Dragonfly in Amber</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_bm1_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="bm2" playOrder="57">
<navLabel><text>An Intervew with Diana Gabaldon</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_bm2_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="bm3" playOrder="58">
<navLabel><text>Reader&#x2019;s Guide</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_bm3_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

<navPoint id="cop" playOrder="59">
<navLabel><text>COPYRIGHT PAGE</text></navLabel>
<content src="OEBPS/Gaba_9780440335160_epub_cop_r1.htm"/>
</navPoint>

</navMap>
</ncx>
Old 03-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The order of items in your ncx file has to be the same as the order in the book.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #13
Matt.Geiger

Are you refering to the OPF order to the .ncx or to the toc.html file
here is the Opf file

Quote:
<?xml version="1.1"?>
<package xmlns="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" version="2.0" unique-identifier="isbn">
<metadata xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlnspf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf">
<dc:creator opf:role='aut'>Sergio Luzzatto</dc:creator>
<dc:source>ISBN:978-1-4299-4645-2</dc:source>
<dc:identifier id="isbn">ISBN:978-1-4299-4645-2</dc:identifier>
<dcublisher>Henry Holt and Company</dcublisher>
<dc:language>en-US</dc:language>
<dc:type>Text</dc:type>
<dc:title>Padre Pio</dc:title>
<dc:format>384 pages</dc:format>
<dc:rights>All rights reserved</dc:rights>
<meta name="cover" content="cover-image"/>
</metadata>
<manifest>
<item id="toc" href="toc.ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml"/>
<item id="html-cover-page" href="xhtml/cover.xml" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="title" href="xhtml/title.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="epigraph" href="xhtml/epigraph.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="contents" href="xhtml/contents.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="prologue" href="xhtml/prologue.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="chapter1" href="xhtml/chapter1.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="chapter2" href="xhtml/chapter2.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="chapter3" href="xhtml/chapter3.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="chapter4" href="xhtml/chapter4.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="chapter5" href="xhtml/chapter5.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="chapter6" href="xhtml/chapter6.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="chapter7" href="xhtml/chapter7.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="chapter8" href="xhtml/chapter8.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="chapter9" href="xhtml/chapter9.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="chapter10" href="xhtml/chapter10.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="epilogue" href="xhtml/epilogue.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="notes" href="xhtml/notes.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="acknowledgments" href="xhtml/acknowledgments.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="index" href="xhtml/index.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="author" href="xhtml/author.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="adcard" href="xhtml/adcard.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="copyright" href="xhtml/copyright.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="foot-note" href="xhtml/foot-note.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
<item id="css" href="styles/stylesheet.css" media-type="text/css"/>
<item id="pt" href="page-template.xpgt" media-type="application/adobe-page-template+xml"/>
<item id="image-001" href="images/title.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="cover-image" href="images/9781429946452.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-002" href="images/Luz_002.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-003" href="images/Luz_003.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-004" href="images/Luz_004.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-005" href="images/Luz_005.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-006" href="images/Luz_006.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-007" href="images/Luz_007.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-008" href="images/Luz_008.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-009" href="images/Luz_009.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0010" href="images/Luz_010.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0011" href="images/Luz_011.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0012" href="images/Luz_012.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0013" href="images/Luz_013.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0014" href="images/Luz_014.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0015" href="images/Luz_015.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0016" href="images/Luz_016.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0017" href="images/Luz_018.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0018" href="images/Luz_019.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0019" href="images/Luz_020.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0020" href="images/Luz_021.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0021" href="images/Luz_024.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0022" href="images/Luz_026.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0023" href="images/Luz_030.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0024" href="images/Luz_032.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0025" href="images/Luz_033.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0026" href="images/Luz_034.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0027" href="images/Luz_036.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0028" href="images/Luz_037.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0029" href="images/Luz_038.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0030" href="images/Luz_039.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0031" href="images/Luz_040.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0032" href="images/Luz_041.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0033" href="images/Luz_042.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0034" href="images/Luz_043.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0035" href="images/Luz_044.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0036" href="images/Luz_045.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0037" href="images/Luz_047.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0038" href="images/Luz_048.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0039" href="images/Luz_049.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0040" href="images/Luz_050.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0041" href="images/Luz_051.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0042" href="images/Luz_053.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0043" href="images/Luz_054.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0044" href="images/Luz_055.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0045" href="images/Luz_056.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0046" href="images/Luz_057.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0047" href="images/Luz_058.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0048" href="images/Luz_060.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0049" href="images/Luz_064.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0050" href="images/Luz_065.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0051" href="images/Luz_066.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0052" href="images/Luz_068.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0053" href="images/Luz_070.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0054" href="images/Luz_071.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0055" href="images/Luz_072.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0056" href="images/Luz_073.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0057" href="images/Luz_074.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0058" href="images/Luz_075.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0059" href="images/Luz_077.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0060" href="images/Luz_078.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0061" href="images/Luz_079.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0062" href="images/Luz_080.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0063" href="images/Luz_081.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0064" href="images/Luz_082.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0065" href="images/logo1.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="image-0066" href="images/logo2.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
</manifest>
<spine toc="toc">
<itemref idref="html-cover-page" linear="no"/>
<itemref idref="title"/>
<itemref idref="epigraph"/>
<itemref idref="contents"/>
<itemref idref="prologue"/>
<itemref idref="chapter1"/>
<itemref idref="chapter2"/>
<itemref idref="chapter3"/>
<itemref idref="chapter4"/>
<itemref idref="chapter5"/>
<itemref idref="chapter6"/>
<itemref idref="chapter7"/>
<itemref idref="chapter8"/>
<itemref idref="chapter9"/>
<itemref idref="chapter10"/>
<itemref idref="epilogue"/>
<itemref idref="notes"/>
<itemref idref="acknowledgments"/>
<itemref idref="index"/>
<itemref idref="author"/>
<itemref idref="adcard"/>
<itemref idref="copyright"/>
<itemref idref="foot-note"/>
</spine>
<guide>
<reference type="toc" title="Contents" href="xhtml/contents.html"/>
<reference type="cover" title="Cover Image" href="xhtml/cover.xml"/></guide>
</package>
Here is the Toc.html

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>Padre Pio</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="application/vnd.adobe-page-template+xml" href="../page-template.xpgt"/>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../styles/stylesheet.css"/>
</head>
<body>
<p class="cont-head">CONTENTS</p>
<p class="cfmh"><a href="../xhtml/cover.xml#cover">Cover</a></p>
<p class="cfmh"><a href="../xhtml/title.html#tit">Title Page</a></p>
<p class="cfmh"><a href="../xhtml/epigraph.html#epg">Epigraph</a></p>
<p class="cfmh"><a href="../xhtml/prologue.html#pro">PROLOGUE: SEPTEMBER 20, 1918</a></p>
<p class="cct"><a href="../xhtml/chapter1.html#ch1">&#x00A0;&#x00A0;1. A LIVING CHRIST</a></p>
<p class="cct"><a href="../xhtml/chapter2.html#ch2">&#x00A0;&#x00A0;2. NEUROSIS AND BEATITUDE</a></p>
<p class="cct"><a href="../xhtml/chapter3.html#ch3">&#x00A0;&#x00A0;3. JESUS&#x2019;S SHOCK TROOPS?</a></p>
<p class="cct"><a href="../xhtml/chapter4.html#ch4">&#x00A0;&#x00A0;4. HOLY MAN, HOLY OFFICE</a></p>
<p class="cct"><a href="../xhtml/chapter5.html#ch5">&#x00A0;&#x00A0;5. A CHANGE OF CLIMATE</a></p>
<p class="cct"><a href="../xhtml/chapter6.html#ch6">&#x00A0;&#x00A0;6. LIVES OF THE SAINT</a></p>
<p class="cct"><a href="../xhtml/chapter7.html#ch7">&#x00A0;&#x00A0;7. RASPUTIN REBORN</a></p>
<p class="cct"><a href="../xhtml/chapter8.html#ch8">&#x00A0;&#x00A0;8. THE SORROWS OF THIS WORLD</a></p>
<p class="cct"><a href="../xhtml/chapter9.html#ch9">&#x00A0;&#x00A0;9. THE WHITE HAND AND THE RED</a></p>
<p class="cct"><a href="../xhtml/chapter10.html#ch10">10. A STRAW IDOL</a></p>
<p class="cbmh"><a href="../xhtml/epilogue.html#epi">EPILOGUE: MAY 2, 1999</a></p>
<p class="cbmh"><a href="../xhtml/notes.html#note">NOTES</a></p>
<p class="cbmh"><a href="../xhtml/acknowledgments.html#ack">ACKNOWLEDGMENTS</a></p>
<p class="cbmh"><a href="../xhtml/index.html#ind">INDEX</a></p>
<p class="cbmh"><a href="../xhtml/author.html#aut">About the Author</a></p>
<p class="cbmh"><a href="../xhtml/adcard.html#adc">Also by Sergio Luzzatto</a></p>
<p class="cbmh"><a href="../xhtml/copyright.html#copy">Copyright</a></p>
</body>
</html>
Old 03-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the order of elements in the spine and the ncx have to match. And dont use linear="no"
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #15
Matt.Geiger

Well what happens when you need something listed in your "Spine" in your .opf but do not want that to show in your .ncx (TOC).
We have this many times where we don't want to list for example a nav point for footnotes since foot notes are linked to and back in the main body of text.

Is their away that that a feature can be added to calibre to use the .ncx and the .opf as is. from an already validated epub?