Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #46
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Oops, sorry! I was multi-tasking and mistyped. I meant 3.0, of course. Everything I've read in the last day or so has stated that 3.0 requires dual processors.

Honestly, right now the Galaxy Tab does everything I was looking for in a tablet.

You too huh? All of my computers mutitask because I'm not good at it.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #47
kalex
Zealot
kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Multi-SIM means, I've got the "old" T-Mobile tariff from 2007. I've got a data flatrate for my iPhone and can add another 2 SIMs without costs. So I'm using the same flatrate on iPhone4, Galaxy Tab and iPad. Unfortunately, it's limited to 3 SIMs. In 2007, it was up to 8 SIMs.

There are numerous apps for the usenet on Android.
Just search for "nzb".
I've got 2 apps: 1 for downloading the files and another 1 for searching and downloading the NZBs (directly integrated in the other app).
I wouldn't download tons of data.
But it's great for downloading a TV episode while stuck in a hotel for example.
Ah that's what Multi-SIM is. We don't have that in USA. You can only have one sim per phone number.

Which apps are you using? I found few but its hard to figure out which one is better so if someone is using something that works I wouldn't mind using same. Less work for me You are right its not something I would do often but if I'm stuck somewhere this would help pass the time.
kalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #48
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalex View Post
Ah that's what Multi-SIM is. We don't have that in USA. You can only have one sim per phone number.

Which apps are you using? I found few but its hard to figure out which one is better so if someone is using something that works I wouldn't mind using same. Less work for me You are right its not something I would do often but if I'm stuck somewhere this would help pass the time.
I'm using NewzDroid on Galaxy Tab. Strange enough, I don't find it in the market, when searching on Dell Streak. Maybe it's only working for certain hardware...
Within NewzDroid, you can integrate various search engines, available as standalone apps and in parallel as some kind of plug-in for NewzDroid.
Just downloading Mentalist S3E11. :-)

Last edited by mgmueller; 01-08-2011 at 12:50 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #49
kalex
Zealot
kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony
sweet. thanks for the app list
kalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:00 PM   #50
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Bought one today!

I am planning to use this device as "on the go" for my Internet needs and for read some B&N magazines. I just installed B&N and Kindle app. I do have full access to Android Market and the tablet does support Flash.

Extremely responsive screen, as good as iPad and better than Nook Color which is a locked device, heavier and not so fast.

Just 13 ounces!

I do have an open post here with my initial impressions! ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #51
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Bought one today!

I am planning to use this device as "on the go" for my Internet needs and for read some B&N magazines. I just installed B&N and Kindle app. I do have full access to Android Market and the tablet does support Flash.

Extremely responsive screen, as good as iPad and better than Nook Color which is a locked device, heavier and not so fast.

Just 13 ounces!

I do have an open post here with my initial impressions! ...
Did you tweak the display/resolution via "Spare Parts" yet?
The main weakness I found on Galaxy Tab is the usage of apps designed for lower resolution. Some don't work at all, some don't zoom, others look similar to iPhone apps on iPad.
With "Spare Parts", officially available from the Android market, you can tweak the zooming. Makes all the difference...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:17 AM   #52
bencooper
bencooper began at the beginning.

Device: P1000 Galaxy Tab
PDF reader

MG Meuller - am I missing something? I have Middle East GTab, with 12 giga on-board. I have download PDFs from laptop and these are mainly readable through My Files or ThinkFree, both preloaded. It's a bit clunky having to resize the page each time though (a few PDFs are blank with a red cross through each page?)
bencooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #53
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencooper View Post
MG Meuller - am I missing something? I have Middle East GTab, with 12 giga on-board. I have download PDFs from laptop and these are mainly readable through My Files or ThinkFree, both preloaded. It's a bit clunky having to resize the page each time though (a few PDFs are blank with a red cross through each page?)
Hmmm, I have not experienced that problem on mine. Could be some kind protection maybe? Are you sure that PDF is readable outside of the GT?
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #54
kbaerwald
BioReader
kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Various
... or try the "ezPDF Reader" app: if it cannot read the pdf files in question they might be with DRM or defect.
kbaerwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:00 AM   #55
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
I tried a GT in the local Best Buy a few weeks ago and was impressed with both the hardware and the software. Although dual-core processors and Honeycomb are the current hot thing, Samsung did a very nice job with what was available at the time.

I don't need 3G data on a tablet and certainly don't want to pay for a data plan for it. A WiFi only tablet would suit my needs.

I understand that Samsung will be announcing a new tablet in a few weeks. Also, with all the other tablet announcements, I'm going to hold out for a few months to see what turns up for sale. Meanwhile, I'm reading on my Android phone, since selling my Sony reader. The phone screen is rather small, but Aldiko is a very good reader app.

A 7-8 inch size is what I want. A 9-10 inch tablet is too big to be easily portable. Ideally, I'd like Honeycomb on my tablet, and the price to be under $400. Oh, and I'd like a pony

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #56
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
I tried a GT in the local Best Buy a few weeks ago and was impressed with both the hardware and the software. Although dual-core processors and Honeycomb are the current hot thing, Samsung did a very nice job with what was available at the time.

I don't need 3G data on a tablet and certainly don't want to pay for a data plan for it. A WiFi only tablet would suit my needs.

I understand that Samsung will be announcing a new tablet in a few weeks. Also, with all the other tablet announcements, I'm going to hold out for a few months to see what turns up for sale. Meanwhile, I'm reading on my Android phone, since selling my Sony reader. The phone screen is rather small, but Aldiko is a very good reader app.

A 7-8 inch size is what I want. A 9-10 inch tablet is too big to be easily portable. Ideally, I'd like Honeycomb on my tablet, and the price to be under $400. Oh, and I'd like a pony

Joe
With exception of selling my Sony and JetBook, (I NEVER sell dead technology) my position exactly!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:12 AM   #57
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
With exception of selling my Sony and JetBook, (I NEVER sell dead technology) my position exactly!
I had to sell my Sony. I can't afford too many toys at once

Funny QR code.

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #58
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrogenesis View Post
the main issue is that i have no idea what is the practicality of a 7" device as a main phone. i hope it is doable.
BTW, I just realized this is less of an issue than anything else: it's been ages since last time I talked with the phone glued to my ear. It's been ages now since all such cellphones come with earplugs and a mic, and they work much better by isolating your talk from external noise, plus freeing your hands. Also, seemingly radiation concerns from proximity are over...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote