Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Light wouldn't turn off

Last night, the light on my Glo wouldn't shut off completely.

I normally just put the Glo to sleep, and the light completely shuts off. Last night, I would put it to sleep, the light would go off, the screen would blank, the cover would show (the sleep screen), and then the light would come on very, very dim (dimmer then the lowest level).

I did a reset, and still had the problem. I tried turning the light off before putting it to sleep, and had mix results. Turning the light to the lowest level seemed to help. I did have the light slightly higher then I normally use it. I also had a crash earlier in the day (while changing the font) and had to do a reset.

There also seemed to be some other strange behavior, like the light intermittently blinking.

It seems fine now, but I'm hoping it is not an indication of future problems. My Glo is ~3 weeks old.

Anyone else see this?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote