Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
troymc
Groupie
troymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505 + B&N Nook + Motion LE1700 + Motorola Xoom Wifi
Add from device?

Is there a way to add books to Calibre from my 505?

Or do I have to do the 3-step process:
a) save to disk
b) add from directory
c) manually go remove files

Hopefully I'm just missing something...

troy
troymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
fx.payet
fx.payet began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, iPhone w/ Stanza
I was wondering the exact same thing. It would be usefull to be able to directly add from te device to Calibre
fx.payet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2009, 05:03 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The 505 (every supported device except the 500) mounts as a generic storage volume. Just click add books and point it to the book on the device itself.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
troymc
Groupie
troymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505 + B&N Nook + Motion LE1700 + Motorola Xoom Wifi
Yes, that would work for a couple of books at a time.

I'm trying to add ~60 books from a SD card that has 752 books on it.

Adding directly from the 505 filesystem means I would have to search thru all of those looking for the relevant titles. (some of whose filenames appear to be isbns.)

In Calibre I can find them easily by sorting by author/title. It literally takes less than 60 secs from the time I insert the card in my 505 until I have all the books identified & selected.

It seems kinda awkward that at that point I have to copy them back out of calibre so I can go add them back into calibre - and then need to go clean up the copies.

troy
troymc is offline   Reply With Quote