Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-31-2009, 10:46 PM   #166
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I draw a little for fun. I lack both talent and training but there are tons of bizarre things that I see in my head (does that surprise you?) that I'd love to try to put on paper somehow. Here are an old drawing (from a photo) and a page of scribbling in the album on my profile page:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/pic...pictureid=1568
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/pic...pictureid=1567
Wow! Beautiful sketch. I'd say you definitely do not lack talent!
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #167
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
tattncat, beautiful things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Congratulations to every one! We have many talented people on board. I wish though that we could sample some of the programming that many members of MR do because as I've often seen, we do have crafty people in these domains also. Peverel's robots are amazing, imagine the programming in that!
Yvan, that sculpture is amazing. I think the styrofoam would drive me crazy. I'm assuming you have to wear a mask while carving it.

Regarding programming... I think my manga may (in some ways) be more like programming than conventional art, because I produce it with 3d software. (And yes, I am hoping to finish another chapter or so this summer.) I have a gallery here at MR that has the pages that are done up to this point, if anyone's curious. And definitely more in the programming direction would be my latest project, which involved "remapping" a 3d model to be able to use textures created for an older model.

I just finished an enamel pin, and I did take pictures of it, but I just realized I don't have a card reader here (or the connector that would let me use my iLiad as a card reader) so I'll need to wait till I'm home to post them.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 05:39 PM   #168
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
tattncat, beautiful things.

Yvan, that sculpture is amazing. I think the styrofoam would drive me crazy. I'm assuming you have to wear a mask while carving it.

Regarding programming... I think my manga may (in some ways) be more like programming than conventional art, because I produce it with 3d software. (And yes, I am hoping to finish another chapter or so this summer.) I have a gallery here at MR that has the pages that are done up to this point, if anyone's curious. And definitely more in the programming direction would be my latest project, which involved "remapping" a 3d model to be able to use textures created for an older model.
Yes styrofoam is annoying to work with without a proper environment. Surprisingly, a mask is not necessary because the ground fibers are quite big. What is necessary is a set of airtight goggles because the particles scratch the eyes and are not easily flushed, they tend to stay, very irritating in both senses. The moment where you're mostly at risk of getting some is when removing the goggles, if you still have foam on your hands or sleeves.

3d manga, very interesting! Does your software allow good facial expression? I saw a couple of inset background photography layers, that also is interesting. Was B&W a choice?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #169
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Yes styrofoam is annoying to work with without a proper environment.
We once made a giant bunneh out of styrofoam for a man dressed up as Rupert Murdoch to pseudo-sodomise on top of a giant "cake" that we wheeled up Oxford Street, Sydney in front of about half a million people (not counting those watching on the telly) while choreographically dry-humping each other in rugby uniform to a mashup of NIN's Closer and Shirley Bassey singing Light My Fire.

Slightly less artistry and talent involved in that effort though, I suppose. Still, it was fun for "15 minutes" (actually a bit more than, but "15 minutes" is closest to the personal reality).

Cheers,
Marc ("...and for my next trick...", "Sorry, Marc, you've already had your 15 minutes, with that rabbit/Rupert thing")
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #170
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
We once made a giant bunneh out of styrofoam for a man dressed up as Rupert Murdoch to pseudo-sodomise on top of a giant "cake" that we wheeled up Oxford Street, Sydney in front of about half a million people (not counting those watching on the telly) while choreographically dry-humping each other in rugby uniform to a mashup of NIN's Closer and Shirley Bassey singing Light My Fire.

Slightly less artistry and talent involved in that effort though, I suppose. Still, it was fun for "15 minutes" (actually a bit more than, but "15 minutes" is closest to the personal reality).

Cheers,
Marc ("...and for my next trick...", "Sorry, Marc, you've already had your 15 minutes, with that rabbit/Rupert thing")

Please tell me you have a video of this?!? Oh and, why did you do it?
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 10:10 PM   #171
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post

never never never ask him "why"........I'm just sayin'.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #172
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
never never never ask him "why"........I'm just sayin'.........
I need to know! No kid', I wont sleep 'till I know, or else I'll dream of giant styrofoam bunnies being humped...

On another hand, it could be funny...
Old 06-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #173
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I need to know! No kid', I wont sleep 'till I know, or else I'll dream of giant styrofoam bunnies being humped...
(smacking head against wall to get picture of giant bunnies being humped out of it........)

Old 06-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #174
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

There is VHS video, which I might find to be about as easily converted to digital uploadable form as recreating it with hand-painted animated cells from tints made with sloughed skin-cells and cycad gum, and putting them together with my DSLR and MS Paint into an animated gif.

Also, we did it because it wasn't Shrove Tuesday, but was close enough, and though The Loved One had a dicky ankle we wanted to dance all night and what other time of the year can you publicly dry-hump someone and get a deafening scream of supportive cheers from the curb that near-drown-out the dulcet tones of Trent Reznor suggesting that he wants to "have intimate relations with you like an animal" with a Shirley Bassey chorus, and do all this while satirically taking down a media-megalomaniac a peg or two and then following it up with an all-night dance-rave under a giant disco ball, I ask you?

Also, we weren't doing anything else that night, and there was nothing on the telly of note that we couldn't see by being there.

I helped carve the bunneh's back left leg.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #175
Verencat
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
(smacking head against wall to get picture of giant bunnies being humped out of it........)
See what I mean?

:goingtobedwithasigh: :thinkingaboutleavingalightopenincaseshewakesupscr eaming:

Now back to topic! Sorry!
Old 06-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #176
Verencat
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
There is VHS video, which I might find to be about as easily converted to digital uploadable form as recreating it with hand-painted animated cells from tints made with sloughed skin-cells and cycad gum, and putting them together with my DSLR and MS Paint into an animated gif.

Then just make copies of the vhs tape and send it around! Please?
Also, we did it because it wasn't Shrove Tuesday, but was close enough, and though The Loved One had a dicky ankle we wanted to dance all night and what other time of the year can you publicly dry-hump someone and get a deafening scream of supportive cheers from the curb that near-drown-out the dulcet tones of Trent Reznor suggesting that he wants to "have intimate relations with you like an animal" with a Shirley Bassey chorus, and do all this while satirically taking down a media-megalomaniac a peg or two and then following it up with an all-night dance-rave under a giant disco ball, I ask you?

We call that Thursdays around here...

Also, we weren't doing anything else that night, and there was nothing on the telly of note that we couldn't see by being there.

I helped carve the bunneh's back left leg.

Marked your spot, did ya?

Cheers,
Marc
Thanks, now I feel better! Almost...
Old 06-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #177
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Thanks, now I feel better! Almost...
Ya just had to ask, didn't you!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:38 AM   #178
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, that video would be valid as an art... form. Then it does qualify for this thread's subject.
Go for it Marc!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:59 AM   #179
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
O, what a great thread!!!!! I feel very untalented compared to you folks.
Go on, keep posting all your beautiful things, I'll go read the thread from the beginning now...
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #180
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
O, what a great thread!!!!! I feel very untalented compared to you folks.
Go on, keep posting all your beautiful things, I'll go read the thread from the beginning now...
Now wait a minute young lady! I've seen some verrrry fancy avatar creation from your part. You are pretty handy with that mouse and that counts.