Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #1
PhotonJohn
PhotonJohn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Headings Hyperlinked?

When I created my ePub and loaded it onto an iPhone or open it with Adobe Digital, my chapter headings appear as hyperlinks? What is causing this? I am using straight up validated html code. There are no anchor tags for my headings. The mobi version works just great. What could be causing this? In the iPhone they look discolored purple like visited hyperlinks and in Adobe it looks like a full blown hyperlink. The link does nothing when you click on it. The files pass the FlightCrew check with no errors.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
PhotonJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Sounds like a CSS style being applied?? Do you have a sample of the text (HTML code) and the CSS file?
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #3
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Don't wrap your link destination anchors around the text. Or if you do, set all the various properties (color, text decoration, etc.) to inherit. This is a known issue with several EPUB readers—treating non-link anchors as though they were links.

Wait, you said there are no anchors at all?
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can you show us the code for the headers?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
PhotonJohn
PhotonJohn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Looks like I was using the <a> tag around my headers. It did not affect some readers. Dumb rookie mistake. This is my first ebook. I did finally get fully validated HTML, ePub and mobi. Thanks for the help.
PhotonJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When I see headers hyperlinked to the internal ToC in an ePub, I do remove them as they are not needed and (IMHO) do not look good.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headings, hyperlinks