Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
RotAnal
Connoisseur
RotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Parse one field to extract strings for multiple fields with S&R

Dear Sirs,
I wonder if there exist a way to bulk parse one field (e.g. Title) in order to extract single piece of information to fill other fields, such as ISBN and Author(s), once records have been imported into Calibre. Of course I think I am able enough now to parse Items through Regexps, but I could not find a way, so far, to select MULTIPLE destination fields in the S&R Tab (nor am I aware whether this is even possible).
Could you please help me?
Thanks in advance
RotAnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Multiple passes is the only way once the (book)data is in Calibre.

Tune the Adding Books REGEX to your naming convention, before you add books.

Your last pass will clean the title.
Use the Apply button at the end of each Transfer pass.
Write the full REGEX term and use the appropriate back reference in the replace box.
Note: series is a pain (requires 2 passes). The Series NAME must be set before setting the Series_index
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
One workaround could be to save the books to disk, using a save template that displays the relevant metadata.

Then import the books again, making sure to read in all the metadata from the filename to several fields in one fell swoop.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote