Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
cyndersk
Enthusiast
cyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Touch & Kobo Arc
Question searching in new versions

Up until the last two updates I was able to search in my library by just typing part of the authors name, or part of the title name in the search box - it would then filter for anything that matched what I had entered.

With the past two updates when I use just the search box and type it in, nothing happens - I have had to resort to using the advanced search feature - which I find a pain in the you know what.

Was this change deliberate or did I change some setting accidentally, or is it a bug?

Thanks,
Cindy
cyndersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:29 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndersk View Post
Up until the last two updates I was able to search in my library by just typing part of the authors name, or part of the title name in the search box - it would then filter for anything that matched what I had entered.

With the past two updates when I use just the search box and type it in, nothing happens - I have had to resort to using the advanced search feature - which I find a pain in the you know what.

Was this change deliberate or did I change some setting accidentally, or is it a bug?

Thanks,
Cindy
Works for me Windows and Linux
Do you have the Highlight button clicked (straight blue bars with no red slash)?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2011, 11:42 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
press enter or click the go button after you finish typinghh
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #4
cyndersk
Enthusiast
cyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watch

Question Suggestions not working

That is how it worked before the updates. I've attached screen shots so you can see what I mean.

I'm very puzzled.....
Attached Files
File Type: doc Calibre Search Issue.doc (207.0 KB, 250 views)
Old 04-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
try unchecking limit searched metadata in the search preferences
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Take 'rating' out of preferences->search->limit ("columns that searches are limited to"). The problem is that it is illegal to search for rating:balducci, because balducci is not a number.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
cyndersk
Enthusiast

THANKS!!! taking the rating out of the search limits worked!!! Happy once again :-)
Old 04-23-2011, 05:33 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Take 'rating' out of preferences->search->limit ("columns that searches are limited to"). The problem is that it is illegal to search for rating:balducci, because balducci is not a number.
Isn't that a bug?
Search Strings that are inappropriate for a field should simply bypass that field.
If I search for "10"
That could be a (legacy) rating or a title (There was a movie with that name)
Old 04-24-2011, 05:57 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Isn't that a bug?
Search Strings that are inappropriate for a field should simply bypass that field.
If I search for "10"
That could be a (legacy) rating or a title (There was a movie with that name)
Both agree and disagree.

Typing rating:aaa should be an error, coloring the search bar pink. Same should be true for #somebool:hithere (which I haven't fixed yet).

However, in indirect searches like setting the limit_search, such errors should be ignored. That change is already committed in trunk.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Both agree and disagree.

Typing rating:aaa should be an error, coloring the search bar pink. Same should be true for #somebool:hithere (which I haven't fixed yet).

However, in indirect searches like setting the limit_search, such errors should be ignored. That change is already committed in trunk.
I think we agree.

If I do a explicit search with a wrong type, I should get smacked with a error.
If I do a global or 'Limited' global, it needs to not fail just because there was a numeric field and an Alpha search string.