Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-11-2011, 01:09 AM   #1
Maahes
Maahes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Tried Uninistallers, Kindle DX will still not update.

At some point my wife (who gave me her DX when she got her Ipad), installed a screen saver hack from somewhere. I have an early version DX 3g (the kind beginning with B004).

I have tried the DX.01 and .06 uninstall hacks, but neither has allowed me to update from 2.1 to 2.3.

I would greatly appreciate any help fixing this, as I'd like to be able to update to 2.5

Thank you.
Maahes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You'll have to dig out some more info about the exact hack that was installed, nothing we can do without more info .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
misling
Zealot
misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
As a last resort, try a factory reset.
Save your books off it first, if they are sideloaded and not downloadable from Amazon.
misling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hacks, kindle dx, screensaver, uninstall