Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-29-2019, 06:46 AM   #16
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Michal you're such a hacker! I love it. A man after my own heart.

Your solution makes me wonder, is AdobeReader.apk the Adobe Acrobat Reader? That doesn't seem likely since I thought Acrobat Reader only opens pdf/acrobat files.

Maybe it's the same manufacture, but not the same thing.
I do not have the Likebook device to say for sure.
*But Adobe Reader downloaded by Google Store is not the same, that's for sure.

PS : But keep me informed; if you find a solution for the display problem with NEO_Reader please ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190429-125058_Adobe.png
Views:	144
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	171162  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 04-29-2019 at 06:53 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 07:43 AM   #17
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Hi 'lumpynose' !

- I have exactly the same problem, with the integrated BOOX reader (Onyx_Reader 3.0) since the new update 2.1. *. Too much spacing between lines (with all my books), alignment doesn't work properly or at all.
Spoiler:

- Either I use KOBO reader or Adobe Reader.
* Adobe Reader, pulled out of another package for another reader "AdobeReader.apk" from Update package for Likebook not from "BOOX Nova Pro" (I had to improvise)

Adobe reader (the same book / ePub) everything is well displayed :
Spoiler:

Original Book :
Spoiler:
Hello Michael,

Could you change the spacing with the menu even if the default display is bad ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2019, 08:13 AM   #18
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Hello Michael,

Could you change the spacing with the menu even if the default display is bad ?
Hi Rendy

- Yes. But even with spacing configured as a minimum, the spacing is still pretty important.
- "Paragraph spacing" change nothing, not the spacing between the lines.
* For all the books I have (ePUB), not just Calibre or whatever.

- But when I format the same "ePUB" book to "PDF", no problem.
- "In the worst case" -> "see photos"
* Normal vs minimum line spacing.

- Nevertheless, on the other apparatus like: 'KOBO, INKPAD' the same books function perfectly well. Only on ONYX BOOX Nova (ePUB + Onyx_Reader 3.0) I have a special display, TOC not work coretly.
* I am shown ePub as if scattered (difficult to describe)

- Because of this, I use BOOX NOVA only for PDF files and I have to use a different "Reader / Inkpad 3, Kobo) for ePUB books.
*Just a little reminder of NeoReader. Onyx seems to me a lot weak in terms of displaying information global about the book, just "the page" (strict minimum), that's all. There could be at least % of reading, or remaining temp in the book...

PS : I leave you a book (AguaTM), so that you can test for yourself.
*I have deliberately removed some book pages from the book so that I do not violate copyright.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Minimum_Line space.png
Views:	243
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	171163   Click image for larger version

Name:	Normal_Line_Space.png
Views:	165
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	171164   Click image for larger version

Name:	inkpad3_nova_same_book.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	171166  
Attached Files
File Type: epub Aqua™.epub (1.00 MB, 122 views)

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 04-29-2019 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:30 AM   #19
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Hi Rendy

- Yes. But even with spacing configured as a minimum, the spacing is still pretty important.
- "Paragraph spacing" change nothing, not the spacing between the lines.
* For all the books I have (ePUB), not just Calibre or whatever.

- But when I format the same "ePUB" book to "PDF", no problem.
- "In the worst case" -> "see photos"
* Normal vs minimum line spacing.

- Nevertheless, on the other apparatus like: 'KOBO, INKPAD' the same books function perfectly well. Only on ONYX BOOX Nova (ePUB + Onyx_Reader 3.0) I have a special display, TOC not work coretly.
* I am shown ePub as if scattered (difficult to describe)

- Because of this, I use BOOX NOVA only for PDF files and I have to use a different "Reader / Inkpad 3, Kobo) for ePUB books.
*Just a little reminder of NeoReader. Onyx seems to me a lot weak in terms of displaying information global about the book, just "the page" (strict minimum), that's all. There could be at least % of reading, or remaining temp in the book...

PS : I leave you a book (AguaTM), so that you can test for yourself.
*I have deliberately removed some book pages from the book so that I do not violate copyright.
Thank you for your fast reply.

What's happen for the Max2 with NeoReader if I update to the 2.1.1 firmware ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:51 AM   #20
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post

What's happen for the Max2 with NeoReader if I update to the 2.1.1 firmware ?
- After the update, you will have a version of V3.0 instead of V2.0
- Just when i bought "NOVA Pro", it was with Firmware 2.0.1 and NeoReader V2.0 and the display (ePUB) worked properly.
- 2.1.1 (NeoReader V3.0 includes ) brings a lot of novelties, it's up to you to decide
*It has its pros and cons. What disappointed me personally is that it is not possible to return from 2.1.1 back to 2.0.1.

PS : But I have to specify, that I have a Nova Pro. I can not say for sure for the MAX 2

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 04-29-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Advert
Old 04-29-2019, 11:26 AM   #21
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
librera pro for me.

columns on portrait mode is a must.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:45 PM   #22
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
It looks like I'm going to use koreader and see how I like it. So far it seems to do what I want.

Michal, you might try it if you haven't already. Go to the koreader forum here for the link to the download. I had been ignoring it because I thought it was something specific for the Kobo but it works on multiple platforms, including Android.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:47 PM   #23
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
It looks like I'm going to use koreader and see how I like it. So far it seems to do what I want.

Michal, you might try it if you haven't already. Go to the koreader forum here for the link to the download. I had been ignoring it because I thought it was something specific for the Kobo but it works on multiple platforms, including Android.
Duh, brain wasn't working. You can get koreader from the Boox's apps page.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote