Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-18-2019, 07:24 PM   #16
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
However, if somebody else wants to experiment on their Note with the current 2.1.1 Pro update, I would be happy to read about their experience doing so.

Does anyone know how to make Neoreader respect the CSS settings such as flush left and text and background colors?
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:26 PM   #17
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
As it happens, over on their BBS site, Onyx has said that they will eventually be rolling out the update to more devices:

http://bbs.onyx-international.com/t/...re-v2-1-1/1148

So, again, I think I will wait until they release an update specifically for the Note rather than risk gumming it up with the Pro version.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2019, 12:57 AM   #18
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
available also for max 2
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:08 AM   #19
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post

Does anyone know how to make Neoreader respect the CSS settings such as flush left and text and background colors?
I have exactly the same problem. NeoReader V3.0 recognizes CSS more correctly.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 04-19-2019 at 05:11 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:11 AM   #20
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
"i was talking about the Note and the Note Pro "

I'm wrong, sorry my friend..
*I do not know how to read
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2019, 09:47 AM   #21
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post

Well, the fault must equally lie with those of us who started talking about the Note and the Note Pro in a thread which lists the Nova as the device under discussion in the title. So no need to apologize.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:49 AM   #22
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafail View Post
We look forward to Onyx's fairness to their older or newer customers ...
However, it seems to me that the warning concerns significant differences (from 6” to 13”, e.g.). Discrepancies will undoubtedly be but I do not think very serious ...
And the 2.1.1 update is now available for the regular Note as well so no need for potentially damaging experimentation...

https://www.boox.com/downloads/
Old 04-19-2019, 10:07 AM   #23
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post

Thanks. I used the feedback function on the Nova Pro and same day received an email saying, "it's not supported now, we'd like add it in our coming plan". Great customer service! Anyone interested in CSS for Neoreader might want to use the feedback option so they will know there is interest.

[Edit] It's possible what they plan to add is ragged right and night mode as I also mentioned those in my inquiry. CSS support would work just as well for me.

Last edited by jscris; 04-19-2019 at 11:27 AM.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:26 AM   #24
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
Why no longer able to find the firmware 2.1.1 from https://www.boox.com/downloads/ ?

It seems no longer available from boox website?

Any help where I can download the firmware for upgrading Nova Pro?

Thanks
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:36 PM   #25
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Right. Something strange, the link on the firmware is : https://www.boox.com/downloads/, not GoogleDrive ...
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:57 PM   #26
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe View Post
Why no longer able to find the firmware 2.1.1 from https://www.boox.com/downloads/ ?

It seems no longer available from boox website?

Any help where I can download the firmware for upgrading Nova Pro?

Thanks
That tells me that they've pulled it. I just bought a Note Pro and got the update as soon as I opened the box, and have been rather unhappy with how buggy it is. So hopefully a new update will fix the problems.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:58 PM   #27
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
That tells me that they've pulled it. I just bought a Note Pro and got the update as soon as I opened the box, and have been rather unhappy with how buggy it is. So hopefully a new update will fix the problems.
Although overall I am really enjoying the 2.1.1 firmware update, there do seem to be some significant bugs.

My Nova Pro will occasionally behave very strangely in ways quite difficult to describe and the screen will sometimes become unresponsive at such times. Fortunately, putting it to sleep and waiting a short while before waking it up is usually sufficient to return it to normal. However, if you were taking notes in the middle of a meeting/lecture, that might be very inconvenient...

So hopefully they will soon fix some of the bugs and instability in this update and make some of the improvements which people have been suggesting over on their BBS page.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:24 PM   #28
LittleHouse75
LittleHouse75 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I just got my Nova Pro, and I’m a bit confused on how to update it.

I go to Settings / Firmware Update. I click “Check Update” and no upgrade package is found.

Looks like I’m currently on build 2.0.1. Is the update not rolled out to all devices yet? (I’m in the USA). I don’t see an option to update using a local file either...

Help?
LittleHouse75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:45 PM   #29
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHouse75 View Post
I just got my Nova Pro, and I’m a bit confused on how to update it.

I go to Settings / Firmware Update. I click “Check Update” and no upgrade package is found.

Looks like I’m currently on build 2.0.1. Is the update not rolled out to all devices yet? (I’m in the USA). I don’t see an option to update using a local file either...

Help?
It seems that they have withdrawn the update due to issues people were reporting. Hopefully, they will resolve those issues soon and re-release the update or release a new one altogether. Until then you will likely just have to be patient.

But the 2.0.1 firmware isn't bad. Indeed, there are some who are on the new firmware who would like to roll back to that version but can't.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:21 PM   #30
LittleHouse75
LittleHouse75 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
It seems that they have withdrawn the update due to issues people were reporting. Hopefully, they will resolve those issues soon and re-release the update or release a new one altogether. Until then you will likely just have to be patient.

But the 2.0.1 firmware isn't bad. Indeed, there are some who are on the new firmware who would like to roll back to that version but can't.
Thanks for the info. I’ll wait it out!
LittleHouse75 is offline   Reply With Quote