Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-11-2006, 05:45 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Free classic Dr Who e-books from the BBC

Get some great science fiction e-books in multiple formats for free. They are available at this BBC e-book page. Books listed there right now are:

* Nightshade
* The Well-Mannered War (segments only)
* Human Nature (segments only)
* Lungbarrow (segments only)
* Scales of Injustice (segments only)
* The Sands of Time (directly from main e-book page)
* Empire of Glass
* The Dying Days (segments only)

The books are mostly available in PalmReader, Microsoft Reader and MobiPocket formats. Note that Sands of Time has a seperate link on the main e-book page for the complete book.

The indicated books are in chapter segments only due to rights issues, but there is a text-only page for Lungbarrow suited very nicely for iSiloX extraction. The others in segments only take a little more work than I was willing to do at the moment.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:57 AM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
Get some great science fiction e-books in multiple formats for free.
Most of them are not formatted for reading on an eBook reader. They are mostly for reading online - meaning that it will take quite some work to create an eBook.

The ones that do have formats for an eBook reader do not have open formats. They use PalmReader instead of PalmDOC, so you can't reverse the format to make something useful out of it. The only format that I could see that was useful was (surprisingly) lit, since I could de-lit it into HTML and reformat it for my iLiad.

But I do applaud the BBC for at least trying.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2006, 07:13 AM   #3
k2r
Zealot
k2r doesn't litterk2r doesn't litter

Device: MP2K, iLiad
Exterminate!
k2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:32 PM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"Nightshade", "Sands of Time" and "Empire of Glass" have Mobipocket versions. I'll check those out first!

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 10-11-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:55 PM   #5
anotherchance
Zealot
anotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505
Who Killed Kennedy

There's another Doctor Who novel "Who Killed Kennedy" available online in segments at http://nzdwfc.tetrap.com/archive/wkk/

That one's very good. I was always very fond of Nightshade too. Mark Gatiss has contributed a couple of scripts to the new TV series of late (as has Paul Cornell)

Last edited by anotherchance; 10-12-2006 at 04:58 PM.
anotherchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert