Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-23-2023, 02:48 PM   #1
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Newly-published book - NoViableDeliveryOption on Kindle for PC 1.30

I'm using Kindle for PC 1.30.0

I'm trying to download this book, whose new Kindle edition was published on January 10, 2023.

I'm getting the error "Your Kindle app requires an update to view this content.", and the console says:
Code:
> HttpError: Error downloading https://api.amazon.com/delivery/mani...ook/B0BP62T4D2 - server replied: Forbidden
> Status Code: 403
> X-ADP-Error-Code: NoViableDeliveryOption
> X-ADP-Displayable-Error: True
> Content: {"message":"Your Kindle app requires an update to view this content.*<a href=\"https://www.amazon.com/b/?ie=UTF8&node=16571048011&\">Click here</a> to download and install the free update (supported OS: Windows 10, Windows 8).","title":"Item not available for 
this device type."}
I've never seen this error before. Does anyone know if this is a new format, that will be come more prominent as new titles are released? Perhaps I can contact the publisher and ask for the old format to be made available as well?
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 03:25 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I gather you have missed all the posts about issues with Amazon changing how their ebooks are delivered on 2023-Jan-03.

For more information, check the Amazon forum, see Amazon and DRM changes, in the calibre forum, check the stickied Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre.

You will also notice that if you have an Amazon eInk device, that you can no longer Download and transfer via USB for Kindle Unlimited or Prime Reading borrows.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2023, 03:28 PM   #3
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Ah, I looked in the wrong forum!

Thanks, and sorry for the repost. Admins, you may delete this thread.
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 08:50 AM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty-horse View Post
Ah, I looked in the wrong forum!

Thanks, and sorry for the repost. Admins, you may delete this thread.
No, no, admins, leave it, please. I know that I and others quite cheerfully bookmark/etc. Threads here, with reminders and info like this that we can repost to other travelers along the road a year, two years, etc. down the way.

Pretty please?

TY,
Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote