Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Angry Fictionwise club membership

I renewed my Fictionwise club membership on Saturday, and I am sorry about it now. I did not get the promised free book coupon code. I emailed customer service that same day and now, four days and two business days later, have no reply as to where my codes are, why I did not get them before and when they might be forthcoming. I also tried contacting Scott/Steve directly through the Yahoo Group (no answer) and posting there (again, no answer). One of the books I want for my free book is on sale so I want to move on it, but no code!

I am dismayed with the lack of responsiveness to customer service issues these days, especially regarding this problem. The club is for frequent buyers. I spend a lot of money there. I would like an answer where there are issues, in a reasonably timely fashion. It seems to take longer and longer each time I write them. And now, with the membership (for which I have thus far seen no benefit since they never sent me the damn coupon codes!) I am locked into being their customer for two more years.

Mistake! Something is going downhill over there. I will edit this post if my TWO queries to tech support yield any sort of satisfactory reassurances from them. But right now, I am pretty unhappy.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
selenity
selenity has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: jetBook-Lite, Sony PRS-500, & eBookwise-1150
If you log onto your Fictionwise bookshelf, there is a Member and Site Discounts link on the left hand side. Your free boook code should be listed under Coupon Discount(s).

Sheila
selenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2009, 01:14 AM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Also, when you use the "free code", it is really a $10 off list price of one book coupon. So, those that are on sale are the worst to use it on (as you get no sale discount; at least not when I used mine last year).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote