Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
25 Free Ebooks from Kindle Formatting: 3/8 - 3/14

http://kindleformatting.com/ebookweek.php

Free eBooks!
In honor of Read an eBook Week, some of my Kindle Formatting clients have graciously allowed me to offer their books as free downloads. These downloads are DRM-free Mobipocket files, which can be uploaded to an Amazon Kindle using the USB cable or via e-mail, or they can also be read on your PC or any other Mobipocket-supported device. Each book in the list is linked to the book's Amazon Kindle product page (in case you want to purchase a copy, too), as well as a link to the author or publisher's website (if available). Please click through to the websites thank these autors for their support of eBooks.

NOTE: These books will be available for download only during the week of March 8-14.

Non-Fiction
A Broad Abroad in Thailand
Ahead of the Curve: A Guide to Applied Strategic Thinking
Disrupted Ambitions
Dot Boom: Marketing to Baby Boomers through Meaningful Online Engagement
Dynamic Energetic Healing
The Essential Employee -- The Adventures of Carmen Senz
The Future of Music
Getting Started as an Independent Computer Consultant
The Leader's Digest: Timeless Principles for Team and Organization Success
The Medicaid Handbook 2008 - Protecting Your Assets From Nursing Home Costs
Questing Marilyn: In Search of My Holy Grail
Spymaster: "Wild Bill" Donovan, Father of the CIA
The Team Approach: With Teamwork Anything Is Possible

Fiction
Beneath the Sassafras (One)
Dustin and a Mouse Named Cody in "The Mouse That Stirred on the Night Before Christmas"
Esmeralda & The Pirates
Microbe
Nathan, Paw-Paw & The Dinosaurs
Poison Pen
RHYTHM: A Novel
Spa Deadly, An Allie Armington Mystery
Thaddeus T. and Barnaby
Where's Blackie?
The Cabal

Extra Large Print, courtesy of the Virgina M. Woolf Foundation
A Canticle for Leibowitz in Extra Large Print
PartnerShip in Extra Large Print
Childhood's End in Extra Large Print
Leaves of Grass in Extra Large Print
Screwtape Letters in Extra Large Print
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Because they are DRM-free, they are able to be converted to other formats.
I could not resist "Microbe" (I LOVE medical thrillers) and will begin reading it
very shortly on my Sony 505!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbFabGab View Post
Because they are DRM-free, they are able to be converted to other formats.
I could not resist "Microbe" (I LOVE medical thrillers) and will begin reading it
very shortly on my Sony 505!

The files I looked at are .prc files. How can I convert this kind of file readable for my PRS-505?
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
The files I looked at are .prc files. How can I convert this kind of file readable for my PRS-505?
With Calibre. It'll take about 60 seconds to make an LRF or EPUB.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Thanks! I snagged two books
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 08:57 PM   #6
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
AnemicOak answered first.. but yes, I used Calibre to convert it.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Snagged the Wild Bill Donovan book.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #8
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.

Manythanks. I now have three new books to look forward to.

Cheers.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #9
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster

btw: Bill Clem, the author of Microbe on this list, told me he will be
making his books available in other formats shortly (yeah!) and he
mentioned that he is having the Kindle editions reformatted because
of some formatting issues. Microbe was not one of those affected, though.

(info from email I received from Bill Clem)
Old 03-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #10
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
thanks
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #11
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Thank you sir.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote