Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 03:22 AM   #1
galneweinhaw
galneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo glo
Question Searching for a specific free ebook directly my kobo gl

Hi!

This seems pretty basic but I 've failed to figure it out. How do I search for the free version of a specific book on my kobo Glo, or on my android kobo app? For example, I want to find a free copy of John Stuart Mill's "On Liberty"

I can get it from the kobo website via my phone, but can't figure out on the Android app or directly on my kobo. Kindle app was a breeze. Please don' t tell me I have to use the website...

Thanks!
galneweinhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:46 AM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Well you have sort of said that you don't want to know the answer, but in case anyone else is interested I think the easiest way to get a free copy of Mill's On Liberty directly on the Kobo Glo is to open the Glo's built-in web browser, enter "gutenberg on liberty" into the google search box, and tap the download epub button.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
galneweinhaw
galneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura aboutgalneweinhaw has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Well you have sort of said that you don't want to know the answer, but in case anyone else is interested I think the easiest way to get a free copy of Mill's On Liberty directly on the Kobo Glo is to open the Glo's built-in web browser, enter "gutenberg on liberty" into the google search box, and tap the download epub button.
Actually that is very helpful! I didn't realize there was a built in browser. I just don't want to have to go find a computer if I want to search for a new (free =) classic to read. So if I can do it from the kobo, great!

Thanks for the tip!
galneweinhaw is offline   Reply With Quote