Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
dickiedave
dickiedave began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hd
Smile kindle fire urgent help needed

hi all hope all is well I'm in need of so help with my new UK based kindle fire hd as I want to download a program so I can make the homepage my own and get rid of the carousel please any help would be great thanks in advance
dickiedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
You want to use Go Launcher or Nova Launcher.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
dickiedave

Hi Jessica I have tried but can't seem to get them to work don't no what I'm doing wrong lol
Old 12-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Ah, right, if you're not rooted, then ADW Launcher EX should work. I know that WillysJeepMan knows more about this than I do (his thread is the homescreen one). I don't have the HD. You might need to root it.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
dickiedave

I have tried adw but it downloads but won't let me open the file got to be a way round it lol
Advert
Old 12-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #6
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiedave View Post
I have tried adw but it downloads but won't let me open the file got to be a way round it lol
The only version of ADW that I was able to get running was 1.3.3.56

Where did you download ADW from? Make sure that it was completely and correctly downloaded. How are you trying to open it?
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #7
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
under the kindle Device in options, make sure that you allow installation of applications from unknown sources.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:37 AM   #8
dickiedave

I'm trying to download it off google play but it won't download to my device so I tried a few others but they download but my kindle says cannot open file has any1 got the link for the correct version of adw thanks
Old 12-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
dickiedave

Any help would be great has any1 got a link
Old 12-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #10
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
http://code.google.com/p/adw-launche...downloads/list
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:19 AM   #11
dickiedave

Thanks will give this a try later
Old 01-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #12
dickiedave

hi tried this link but still no luck any1 got any more ideas
Old 01-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #13
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiedave View Post
hi tried this link but still no luck any1 got any more ideas
http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/adw.launcher
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #14
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Without rooting the KFHD, I don't think you can get Google Play to download apps. At least I can't.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #15
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
If you have an android phone you can use google play store to download it and then move the apk file from your phone to your Fire using BOX or other cloud program

You can directly go to the Google play store using your Fire as Amazon has forbid you do to that directly (direct competition to their store).

I use Go Launcher EX just fine on my Kindle Fire (1st Gen)
Im not sure if the new HD is different and has been changed to not allow this

Its great and I can still switch back and for back to the Kindle Launcher/desktop to allow me to access my Amazon apps, movies, books, and music, which you WILL want to be able to do.

Try asking on the Go Launcher thread here for more help
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote