Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
dicknskip
Zealot
dicknskip began at the beginning.

Device: iPad V-3
0.5.907 upgrade

OK - I did a silly thing. I use Kubuntu and the ppa from R Gibert. I got a notice to upgrade to 0.5.907 and I did it, but forgot the clip and saved searches. I looked up the recovery instructions in the forum, for us dummies who do it wrong, and the file sigil.ini cannot be found anyplace. Can I still recover my lost clips and searches?
dicknskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicknskip View Post
OK - I did a silly thing. I use Kubuntu and the ppa from R Gibert. I got a notice to upgrade to 0.5.907 and I did it, but forgot the clip and saved searches. I looked up the recovery instructions in the forum, for us dummies who do it wrong, and the file sigil.ini cannot be found anyplace. Can I still recover my lost clips and searches?
Look in ~/.local/share/data/sigil-ebook/sigil/
that's where sigil.ini is on my machine.
Ahmad Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Start Sigil, open Edit->Preferences, click on the Open Preference Location on the bottom left to open the directory containing the preferences files in your file browser.

You should see a sigil.ini file there (if not, then that's pretty odd since it will get created automatically if it doesn't exist, at least if you exit at least once if not before).

If your clips and saved searches are still around, they should be in that file. You can copy the file or remember the location, and in Saved Searches do a right-click and select Import, then select that file from the file browser that opens. If there is any data it should read it in.

I don't know if your update process uninstalled or deleted the old configuration files or overwrote them - but if they did, then it looks like they are gone.

However, I've installed that ppa fine and uninstalled it okay and it left my old configuration file as is in both cases on Ubuntu 12.04.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
dicknskip
Zealot

Got em, thanks for the tips. Works like a charm.

I had an issue with an older beta in Kubuntu and the cntrl-click and cntrl-shift not selecting multipe items in the book browser. That same issues seems to be in 0.5.907.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Known issue with using KDE with single click to open files.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
dicknskip
Zealot

Is the "best" approach to set double-click for open in KDE?
Old 10-25-2012, 01:56 AM   #7
signum
Zealot
signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Quote:
Got em, thanks for the tips. Works like a charm.

I had an issue with an older beta in Kubuntu and the cntrl-click and cntrl-shift not selecting multipe items in the book browser. That same issues seems to be in 0.5.907.
I use Kubuntu also and had the same or similar problem with not being able to multi-select. I don't know what cntrl-shift is, but if you really meant shift-click, all you have to do is repeat it again, slowly, for a total of two shift-clicks. I'm guessing the same thing for ctrl-click, but haven't tried it out. Thanks to Ahmad Samir for pointing this out to me.

Your other choice is to change the KDE behaviour for everything to require two clicks to open a file. Neither choice is ideal.
signum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
dicknskip
Zealot

If you control-click one entry in a list and then shift-click another it will select everything inbetween. I will try going back to single click file open and a slow control-click.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #9
signum
Zealot
signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Quote:
If you control-click one entry in a list and then shift-click another it will select everything inbetween. I will try going back to single click file open and a slow control-click.
I meant to say left-click on the first file name, then shift-left-click on the last file name, then shift-left-click again, but not rapidly.
signum is offline   Reply With Quote