Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #61
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Blossom,
Amazon is very good on returns, hassle free.

Mine is coming October 25, I can't wait!!!
I know they are but it is still a hassle for me. I lived in a rural area with the nearest drop off location 25 minutes away. I have to rely on my husband to do it for me. He doesn't like to do that. The two Kindles I had to return to him it took two weeks to finally drop them off.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #62
setite
Enthusiast
setite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The text in those pics look very light grey is that how it is really is or just the camera?
That is just the pictures. It's hard to get all the parameters right and I was just trying my best to show the different in color temperature.
setite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #63
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I think people need to email the head guy himself with complaints. So the tech department can't sweep it under the rug.
Is it jeff.bezos@amazon.com? I said the same thing to the last rep I talked to today, adn asked her what his email address was, but she "didn't know".
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #64
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I got a reply from one his minions (on a suggestion) by using jeff@amazon.com.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #65
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I got a reply from one his minions (on a suggestion) by using jeff@amazon.com.
Yep that is it. I say flood them with complaints!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #66
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I will write an open letter and send it to him, but also to a few sites, once this ordeal is over. If they were some other company, I would not take the time, but I used to love Amazon. I feel like right after a break-up!! I need ice cream to numb the pain!!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #67
morrow
Enthusiast
morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/PW/KV
I don't know if is just me, but I had just noticed yesterday that there is 3 faded spots at the bottom, not the four you usually sees that are shadows from the LCDs but above them. It is on the words "single", "cornered", and "pillow".

edit: how you re-size the images.

Last edited by morrow; 10-10-2012 at 04:15 PM.
morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #68
xendula
eBookworm

morrow, I had that on my first unit - it's the second "row" of lighting touch points tha you see. On mine, it was shaped like a large triangle around where it says "his military" on your screen.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #69
morrow
Enthusiast
morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
morrow, I had that on my first unit - it's the second "row" of lighting touch points tha you see. On mine, it was shaped like a large triangle around where it says "his military" on your screen.
Does that mean that your second unit does not have this problem?
Old 10-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #70
xendula
eBookworm

With the others it is not as pronounced as on the first one. It does nit oook like a triangle on them.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #71
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Here's a tech pundit review with some negative comments on the display - http://daringfireball.net/2012/10/kindle_paperwhite

Last edited by JoeC; 10-11-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Correction
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #72
morrow
Enthusiast

Quote:
With the others it is not as pronounced as on the first one. It does nit oook like a triangle on them.
So, I take it that mines is normal and "good"?
Old 10-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #73
xendula
eBookworm

"Normal" is a word I won't commit to, but I have seen it at various degrees on other PWs. I see some blueish and pinkish background tint on yours:
Row 2:
alcove - blue
but - pink
Row 4:
As a result - blue
My heart - pink

Do you see this when you look at it in person?
Old 10-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #74
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
"Normal" is a word I won't commit to, but I have seen it at various degrees on other PWs. I see some blueish and pinkish background tint on yours:
Row 2:
alcove - blue
but - pink
Row 4:
As a result - blue
My heart - pink

Do you see this when you look at it in person?
I can see some of the blue (although it doesn't really seem blue to me but just some sort of shadowing) but none of the pink. I guess it really is a matter of perception. Does this mean we need to wish our eyesight wasn't perfect so we could enjoy the PW?
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #75
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
I can see some of the blue (although it doesn't really seem blue to me but just some sort of shadowing) but none of the pink. I guess it really is a matter of perception. Does this mean we need to wish our eyesight wasn't perfect so we could enjoy the PW?
Absolutely. Then we could write a 5 star review and laugh about all the whiners (=us).