Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Free Delphi Classics: Tales of Adventure - Kindle & ePub

Quote:
To celebrate our release of the Complete Works of Daniel Defoe, we are pleased to announce a FREE adventure tales eBook, which can be downloaded by everyone - regardless of which eReader they favour - directly from this page.

Including 14 of the greatest adventure tales ever told, this beautiful collection, packed with hundreds of colour illustrations, is sure to chase away those winter blues. Beginning with Defoe's timeless Robinson Crusoe, the collection offers a range of adventure novels from across the world, with informative introductions and images relating to the works and authors. So, whether it's a voyage with Long John Silver, an exotic Arabian adventure or a journey into the dark and distant future, make sure you don't miss out on this wonderful collection!
link (hopefully without affiliate tags since I took it straight from their e-mail):

http://delphiclassics.com/shop/?page_id=2462

I have several Delphi Classics - although this is public domain stuff, and also many (most? all?) can be found in the MR library, it can be nice to have complete collections already organized. And, while I was in Europe recently, Delphi's non-US collections made it convenient to (legally) download some stuff that is in the public domain there, but not in the US, without having to figure it out for myself.

I'm planning on putting these on my son's e-reader, and maybe reading (or re-reading) a few of them myself too!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Personally, I think the Delphi Classics issues are exceptional. Complete works in many cases, excellent formatting, illustrations, introductions to each work, literary critiques, memoirs, biographies, short stories, plays etc.

For the added value they bring and the small fee they charge I think they really are outstanding value.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Thanks for the heads up. while it's a large file it does seem to have a lot of good reading in it. The Delphi Classics remind me of Mobipocket's Ultimate Classic Library. I bought the set some yrs back. Alas you can't load them on the Kindle unless you strip them even though Amazon owns the company.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:11 PM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Thanks. The file is big because it has pictures!!! which are a wonderful addition to the classics. I might have to read these on the calibre reader since it displays the pictures in colour.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:14 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Thanks. The file is big because it has pictures!!! which are a wonderful addition to the classics. I might have to read these on the calibre reader since it displays the pictures in colour.
Also a good excuse for saving up for a Kindle Fire. lol.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2012, 05:47 AM   #6
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Always nice to pick up a freebie Delphi Classic. Yay.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:41 AM   #7
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Just got it. A very nice collection. Might have to borrow my mother-in-law's Vox to appreciate the colour pictures though, but it reads just fine on my Kobo Touch
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #8
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
What a great collection - plenty of ripping yarns here, what old bean ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote