Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Strange Handling of Cyrillic Characters (DR800S)

I enter a book title in Calibre, in Russian (cyrillic letters) but when I see the book on the Irex DR 800S, the Cyrillic letters have been transliterated to Latin letters. I don't understand how this happens, or why.
It doesn't happen for all titles, just some. Inside of the book, the Cyrillic letters remain. But I prefer to have the titles in Cyrillic letters in the library.
Any idea what could be going on?
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:32 AM   #2
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Wow, this forum has certainly died along with IREX.
Well the problem was with the setting on the PDF properties.
If something else is set there, it overrides the information that Calibre has.
When I entered the title in Russian in the pdf properties it came up fine on my IREX.
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by martienne View Post
Well the problem was with the setting on the PDF properties.
If something else is set there, it overrides the information that Calibre has.
When I entered the title in Russian in the pdf properties it came up fine on my IREX.
Yes that is a feature of the DR firmware, which leads to 'problems' when the title/author is not properly set in the pdf document.
The next 'problem' that you will encounter (when adding more documents with cyrillic letters) is that the cyrillic letters will not show up in the letterbar. There is a patch for this, but I am not sure if Iñigo already incorporated it in his dr800+ project.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote