Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Want advance notification and notice about updates past and present?
Would like advance notice about upcomming updates and fixes. 14 53.85%
Would like the option to decide if I want the update. 1 3.85%
Happy to be suprised about the update when it happens. 1 3.85%
Don't care one way or the other. I am happy just having a KOBO 10 38.46%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Kobo updates... more up front notifications!

So I notice that the Kobo has a few updates and they do seem to bring them out fast. But I would like them to be more forthcomming about the updates and post notices about it on the main Kobo Page.

So im curious who would like to have more notice and more information about what the update is going to bring and what it fixes.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
In case you didn't know Kobo has a really good blog at http://blog.kobobooks.com/ This is especially good as they even included images showing you what some of the changes look like and samples of the new fonts.

They also have a Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/kobo and a Twitter account at http://www.twitter.com/kobo so there are lots of ways of keeping up-to-date (and of course firmware releases are always announced here too!)
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #3
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
In case you didn't know Kobo has a really good blog at http://blog.kobobooks.com/ This is especially good as they even included images showing you what some of the changes look like and samples of the new fonts.

They also have a Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/kobo and a Twitter account at http://www.twitter.com/kobo so there are lots of ways of keeping up-to-date (and of course firmware releases are always announced here too!)
But its not that easy to find. Plus untill you mentioned it i had no knowlege of it. The best place for updates is the KOBO home. I dont twitter cause i think that just makes a person a twit and its useless garbage for me at least. I dont do facebook again more usless informaiton to have out there... But I guess for those that indulge in those things thats good to know!

but thanks for the tip

regards

jack

Last edited by jackastor; 06-29-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:18 AM   #4
Toastedpine
Connoisseur
Toastedpine doesn't litterToastedpine doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
I'm not being sarcastic here, but yeah, it did take me a few days to figure out that I could type "Kobo" and "blog" into Google. Google reader can add an RSS of the blog into the itself, so I find it puzzling that I don't see the RSS button on Chrome or firefox.
Toastedpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:27 AM   #5
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
But its not that easy to find.
You can't have looked too hard. There are direct links to the blog, twitter feed and facebook page on the footer of every page at kobobooks.com...
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedJ View Post
You can't have looked too hard. There are direct links to the blog, twitter feed and facebook page on the footer of every page at kobobooks.com...
Which is fine if you like using twitter or facebook. Alot of people have no use for such things. Also not one of those links you point out say "UPDATE INFORMATION HERE" "WHATS NEW HERE" They may provide that information at some point but honestly I think most people want the meat and potatoes of it to be quick, easy and painless, and not have to navigate through twitter and facebook.
A direct link to the information such as is provided by Calibres change log would be much better and would certainly go far.

regards

jack