Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
PA1SA
PA1SA began at the beginning.

Device: none
Best torrent websites for school books

I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas where I can get free e book academic books? I want to download next blocks books into my kendel and haven't found a strong site yet.
PA1SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #2
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
you know that's not legal right? and exactly what device do you have again?
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I believe she has a "Kindle".....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

either that or a bottle of "whine". (And yeah I know it is Kendall-Jackson) But if one can't actually spell the name I doubt the person actually owns one, let alone reads.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
either that or a bottle of "whine". But if one can't actually spell the name I doubt the person actually owns one, let alone reads.

Okay, maybe you can also explain what "next blocks books" means.............Seriously, I"m not trying to be 'snarky', but this post makes very little sense.

What scares me most is that its asking for "academic" books.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA1SA View Post
I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas where I can get free e book academic books? I want to download next blocks books into my kendel and haven't found a strong site yet.
PA1SA:

We do not post torrent links.

We also refrain from posting in different threads about the same subject.

Please take this advice into consideration on your next post/subject.

Thank you,
Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #7
PA1SA

Man, you guys are rough crowd. I have a Kindle. I want to download books for my next blocks of classes. Blocks also known as "set of classes". If you guys can lead me to the right direction, I would appreciate it. If not, sorry for taking you're time. Peace.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #8
brecklundin
Banned

hehehe...yeah, scares me too. Sounds like a "poster child" for why a lot of folks should NOT be allowed to home-school.

here is the closest I came to "next blocks books":

http://www.pinaclebooks.com/si/062371.html

I just did some creative extrapolation and that was the best that came along using "next block" books as a search.

And for the OP, just having a ponder at your question. For all we know you are new to all this and might even be searching for your grand kids...just take it as good natured ribbing is all....we all had to start somewhere!!
Old 05-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #9
PA1SA

Don,
Sorry, I wasen't sure about the rules. I will follow them. Thanks
Old 05-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Man, you guys are rough crowd. I have a Kindle. I want to download books for my next blocks of classes. Blocks also known as "set of classes". If you guys can lead me to the right direction, I would appreciate it. If not, sorry for taking you're time. Peace.
There you go. Bet you never misspell "Kindle" again!

No, we can't help with the free downloads.

However, go to this thread, introduce yourself, tell us where you are from, and what you are studying. You may find others who share your interests and can guide your to less expensive sources for books than retail......Good luck!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49
Old 05-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #11
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Hm-m-m-m. Me thinks, we have here one Big, Smelly, Red Herring....

Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Don,
Sorry, I wasen't sure about the rules. I will follow them. Thanks
No problem, PA1SA.

The reason for no torrent links is because they often contain copyrighted (thus illegal) books.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #13
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
If you are in the United States and want to save money on textbooks, the best 'legal' approach I know is the purchase of international text books. These are texts that are printed for use in countries such as India, and that are then resold into the U.S. market. According to Time.com:
http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...838849,00.html
these texts are legal for you to buy even though they may not be legal for the seller to sell.

Anyway, I've heard students who bought $150 textbooks for under $30. And the books were the same as the US editions, just with different covers. Of course, that is your risk -- ie you must trust/hope the editions are the same.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #14
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
I dont know if that's what you are looking for (probably not ), but here are a couple of free Physics ebooks (pdf | htm?):
http://www.motionmountain.net/
http://www.lightandmatter.com/

Few good resources:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://beta.legaltorrents.com/books

Also, if you'll tell us where your interests lie, we might be able to help you more accurately.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #15
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
If you are in the United States and want to save money on textbooks, the best 'legal' approach I know is the purchase of international text books. These are texts that are printed for use in countries such as India, and that are then resold into the U.S. market. According to Time.com:
http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...838849,00.html
these texts are legal for you to buy even though they may not be legal for the seller to sell.

Anyway, I've heard students who bought $150 textbooks for under $30. And the books were the same as the US editions, just with different covers. Of course, that is your risk -- ie you must trust/hope the editions are the same.
Not to mention you cannot sell them back. They are actually illegal (*I think*) to sell in the US. When I worked at the textbook store, we were not allowed to stock them.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote