Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-04-2012, 06:01 AM   #1
Thisiswhatiam
Thisiswhatiam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Source code for converting html to mobi

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where the source code is for converting html to mobi.
Thisiswhatiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisiswhatiam View Post
Hi guys,

There is a perl version in the sticky section of this forum. Mobi is undocumented except by reverse engineering and is documented in our wiki. There are several conversion programs in different source languages.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
Thisiswhatiam

Convert Html to mobi

Could you please point the link to me as i am extremely new and dont know where to look . I searched the internet quite a lot for conversion source code but could find none in any language. If you know the exact place where the source is it would help if you could post it.(It may seem stupid but where and what is the sticky section.)

Last edited by Thisiswhatiam; 05-04-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
MobiPerl has links to the source code in a ZIP file or via subversion. What you want is html2mobi or perhaps opf2mobi (the OPF file identifies which HTML files and their reading order).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #5
Thisiswhatiam

Convert html to mobi

Yes. That is what i want. But i am unable to run the html2mobi perl script as a standalone script . When i try to compile it it keeps throwing the error

Can't locate Palm/PDB.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /root/Desktop /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /etc/perl/MobiPerl/MobiFile.pm line 3.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /etc/perl/MobiPerl/MobiFile.pm line 3.
Compilation failed in require at ./html2mobi line 21.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./html2mobi line 21.

What should i tweak in order to get it running.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Yes. That is what i want. But i am unable to run the html2mobi perl script as a standalone script .
The usual place to look for missing perl dependencies is CPAN. Search there for Palm::PDB
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Hi guys,

Calibre has python code in it that creates Mobi files.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #8
Thisiswhatiam

Source code for converting html to mobi

Where exactly is this python code.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:46 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You'd be better off asking on the Calibre forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #10
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

My html files convert just fine when I upload them to the KDP. Why bring another software into it?

(Just asking! I'm not challenging anyone's modus operandi. Just puzzled at the seemingly roundabout solution to a problem that to me doesn't exist.)
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
No-one should be using third-party code to create a mobi to upload to KDP. That's what KindleGen is for.

I recommend using KindleGen rather than just uploading an HTML file because then you get to check the end result locally before uploading, and so can fix any problems more quickly.

I don't know why Thisiswhatiam wanted html to mobi source code, but if it was to convert for uploading to KDP it was the wrong approach.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote