Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-15-2012, 01:11 AM   #1
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
This lady is hilarious

I was looking for a lime juicer on Amazon, and I happened to read this lady's review, and she had me laughing out loud, so I clicked on her "See all my reviews" link and you could turn these reviews into a book. Someone needs to convince her to become a MR member.

Here is her lime juicer review--
Quote:
Review by NyiNya "NyiNya"

Boy, from these reviews, people are very passionate about their lemon squeezers. This is my second Amco Enameled Aluminum Lemon Squeezer (or Lemon Thingy as it is called by those of us whose memories have been addled by time, fate and circumstance). My first Lemon Thingy was pilfered by a friend in retaliation for the theft of a potato peeler, so obviously it is a very good juicer or I would have tried a new one, but why tempt fate?

This is a darn good lemon squeezer and I will defend it against all nay-sayers. It's easy to use, the juice comes squooshing out quite nicely, and I have suffered no lemon-related injuries as a result of using the apparatus. One reviewer complained that the lemon thingy was not dishwasher safe. It never occured to me that a lemon squeezer required such thorough cleansing. I just rinse mine under cold water and throw it back in the drawer. Certainly my housekeeping skills would make Martha Stewart take the gaspipe, but who scrubs the lemon juicer?

Another reviewer rather ominously foresees the day when the pin holding the two sides together will break. Well, yeah, eventually. But maybe we'll all be dead by then, look at the bright side. Another saves her lemon squoosher for lemons and has a separate (green) one devoted especially to limes. Lord I admire that kind of organization. I'm always surprised that I remembered to get lemons or limes in the first place, let alone have segregated squeezing apparati for them. And of course, I am, admittedly, a wildcard when it comes to citrus. If I were to find an orange small enough, I'd squoosh it in the lemon thingy too. Without hesitation. Yeah, I'm like that. Don't mess with me. No telling what will happen.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:07 AM   #2
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
HA HA, now I do want that Lemon Thingy. Seams a really good thing to have (if you like lemons that is). Favourite part of the review for me was:
Quote:
Another reviewer rather ominously foresees the day when the pin holding the two sides together will break. Well, yeah, eventually. But maybe we'll all be dead by then ...
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
"Certainly my housekeeping skills would make Martha Stewart take the gaspipe, but who scrubs the lemon juicer? "

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Love it.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Currently trying to order a " Lemon Thingy " ... Have already bought a whole sack of fresh Lemons !!!

P.S Does she use the THINGY on eBooks or eReaders she DOESN'T like ?
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #6
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Too flippen funny!!!!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
This is a natural comedian! We really should get her to write books!

Quote:
Originally Posted by review for a Playtex Diaper Genie Elite Diaper Disposal Pail
..the kid would get it together and start using the toilet. My cat learned about the litter box pretty much overnight and the baby appears to be almost as clever. But no. This was not to be. The little pooping machine has been on this planet for nine whole months and still soils an endless stream of diapers.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote