Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #21496
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Pride of Port tea.

Seven more days of commuting and then back to a saner commute. I'll still work 6-2 but at least it will be a 10 minute drive instead of a 30-40 minute drive.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #21497
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Fresh squeezed orange juice and a mug of Anniversary Breakfast Blend tea to go with another bagel with salmon. The bagel is getting elderly (24 hours is really the limit) so I'm toasting it and figuring how to bribe my DW to do more.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #21498
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Second cup of Pride of Port and I am still bored at work. Seven days of nothing to do but having to be here. (sigh) I have not bought a paper book in ages. I am going to have to bring some books in from home so I have something to do.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #21499
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I truly don't understand the no eBook restriction. That seems silly if they're willing to let you bring in a paper book. Ah, well. You can stick out 7 days, regardless.

Finishing up my Anniversary Breakfast Blend. I think I'll have a mug of Pride of the Port next in solidarity.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #21500
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I truly don't understand the no eBook restriction. That seems silly if they're willing to let you bring in a paper book. Ah, well. You can stick out 7 days, regardless.

Finishing up my Anniversary Breakfast Blend. I think I'll have a mug of Pride of the Port next in solidarity.

I missed where she said no ebooks, but it is probably because you can use an e-reader to carry data in/out that they probably do no want happening.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #21501
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Electronics are bad unless they have been preapproved and stay in the facility. It is a normal restriction in the Metro DC area. Not all work locations have it but a large number do. (shrugs)
Old 10-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #21502
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Well, I suppose. OTOH, I know lots of ways to protect against that use of an eReader without imposing a flat ban. Silly, really, but I understand. And certainly not anything you can control.

Well, stick it out and make sure you bring a good pBook.

Finishing up that mug of Pride of the Port.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #21503
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Electronics are bad unless they have been preapproved and stay in the facility. It is a normal restriction in the Metro DC area. Not all work locations have it but a large number do. (shrugs)
But what about smart phones, they can do so much more than ereaders, usually. Work phones are OK and can go in and out?

Finishing my morning coffee that no longer stays hot due to the cooler weather now. Time to get out the insulated mug.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #21504
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

No electronics. No smartphones, tablets, laptops ect... There are lock boxes to store stuff.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #21505
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Ah, that makes sense. I wondered how people survived leaving from or going to the facility without being connected to their smart phones, etc. on their way to lunch or home.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #21506
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
No electronics. No smartphones, tablets, laptops ect... There are lock boxes to store stuff.
My employer has slowly been leaning the exact opposite, not quite to BYOD yet, but getting there.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #21507
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Fresh Coke Zero.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #21508
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
You might wake up some mornin'
To the sound of something moving past your window in the wind
And if you're quick enough to rise
You'll catch a fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow
Out on the new horizon
You may see the floating motion of a distant pair of wings
And if the sleep has left your ears
You might hear footsteps running through an open meadow

Don't be concerned, it will not harm you
It's only me pursuing somethin' I'm not sure of
Across my dreams with nets of wonder
I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YKHq...eature=related )

Good morning, all! Another beautiful Autumn day, and I'm drinking a cup of East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea to celebrate. I'm going to go in search of a Praying Mantis to photograph today. I've been seeing many of them for the past 2-3 days. I guess this must be breeding season for them. Perhaps I'll get lucky and find one just sitting on a fence waiting for me. Not so lucky for the male mantis' though... Biology like this makes me glad I'm human and not mantis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
My employer has slowly been leaning the exact opposite, not quite to BYOD yet, but getting there.
What is BYOD?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #21509
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Bring Your own device
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #21510
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
10 Q

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?