Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-19-2008, 08:08 PM   #1561
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I saw a fellow by the side of the road today holding up a sign which said "Will Avatar For Food". Tough times.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:15 PM   #1562
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I saw a fellow by the side of the road today holding up a sign which said "Will Avatar For Food". Tough times.
I also saw it, and had a camera ready.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	avatar for food.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	19456  
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:44 PM   #1563
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
I also saw it, and had a camera ready.
Seven minutes between VR's post and Madam's picture. I'm pretty sure that's further proof that Madam's primacy at MAD AVATAR SKILZ is unbeatable.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #1564
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Normally I have a bit of trouble passing an eye test, but not today!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	eye chart.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	19762  
Old 12-23-2008, 05:59 PM   #1565
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Welllll, that bottom line still makes me squint! But the rest of it is clear as ...... as a pinwheel! Or somethin' like that.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:10 PM   #1566
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Normally I have a bit of trouble passing an eye test, but not today!
you know, i've always found eye charts to be very graphically appealing. i've got a sort of weakness for typography. that's a brilliant avatar, madam b. as always. and if it helps you pass your eye test, even better !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:51 PM   #1567
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

Finally got the tree up, could only afford 3 ornaments this year so I had to make sure they were special.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tree.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	19763  
Old 12-23-2008, 06:54 PM   #1568
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

those are pretty stylie ornaments... i can't imagine a classier tree. understated, yet so elegant. and cultivated as well.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:14 AM   #1569
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Welllll, that bottom line still makes me squint! But the rest of it is clear as ...... as a pinwheel! Or somethin' like that.

I can never read the bottom line - I think it says 'Printed in Birmingham by Schuster and Sons. Ltd.' but I'm not really sure .
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:06 AM   #1570
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I can never read the bottom line - I think it says 'Printed in Birmingham by Schuster and Sons. Ltd.' but I'm not really sure .
Old 12-24-2008, 10:52 AM   #1571
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
you know, i've always found eye charts to be very graphically appealing. i've got a sort of weakness for typography. that's a brilliant avatar, madam b. as always. and if it helps you pass your eye test, even better !
I recently saw the film "Helvetica". You'd love it, Zee! I even wear a button now on my coat that says "I hate Helvetica", set in Helvetica, of course. I had to give the "I love Helvetica" button away to a friend.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:54 AM   #1572
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
A movie about a font? Were the serifs made with or without CGI?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:59 AM   #1573
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Yes. A movie about a font. And Helvetica is san-serif, making your question moot.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:59 AM   #1574
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I recently saw the film "Helvetica". You'd love it, Zee! I even wear a button now on my coat that says "I hate Helvetica", set in Helvetica, of course. I had to give the "I love Helvetica" button away to a friend.
hey, i forgot about that film ! thanks for reminding me. must look into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
A movie about a font? Were the serifs made with or without CGI?
on helvetica ? with cgi, obviously, pfff.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:14 AM   #1575
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
You two are simulposting again.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda