Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
Mikeread
Passionate Reader
Mikeread began at the beginning.

Device: none
Where to get M92 with good customer support?

Hi,

I want order M92 from ereader-store.de, but to be honest I'm not sure. I have send them a couple of messages, asking if I shoud order a spare battery and if the device comes with an adapter. The first message was 2 weeks ago, and the second one was yesterday.
I haven't got a reply yet, which makes me doubt about their support.
Mike
Mikeread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hi,
I think it's a temporary problem. You could read in this forum that Booxtor is very present.
The customers of ereader-store.de are happy with the support after buying a device. I 've bought mine on this site.

For your question : there is an adapter and a cover for the M92. You could by the battery here : http://ereader-store.de/en/8-accessoires . As booxtor said, the battery must be usable during some years.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hi,

sometimes we have troubles with some email services of our customers.
They just do not receive our responses at all or they has been redirected to spam folders.
Don't hesitate to ask again and point us about not getting any response - in such cases we will not use the mailing engine of our store and send you an email personaly.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
Mikeread
Passionate Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

They just do not receive our responses at all or they has been redirected to spam folders.
Don't hesitate to ask again and point us about not getting any response - in such cases we will not use the mailing engine of our store and send you an email personaly.
Thanks Booxter, now I understand what's wrong. So how would I contact you in the future, in case I have a quesiton? PM here on the forum for example?
Thanks again, will make my order in few days
Mike
Old 12-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
Mikeread
Passionate Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Hi,
I think it's a temporary problem. You could read in this forum that Booxtor is very present.
The customers of ereader-store.de are happy with the support after buying a device. I 've bought mine on this site.

For your question : there is an adapter and a cover for the M92. You could by the battery here : http://ereader-store.de/en/8-accessoires . As booxtor said, the battery must be usable during some years.
Thanks, but some years like how many? 3-4?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
To say the truth, I think the spare battery dies only short time after the installed dies, if you buy it at the same time. The battery gets old and unusable even if not used just by aging effect.

The life expectancy of Lion battery is say 3-5 years. Can be more. I have iRiver mp3 player and battery still lives quite fine after cca 10 years.

M92 is not cell phone that needs to be charged every while. I would buy a spare battery 3-4 years after purchase of the device, if it is used daily.

Maybe users of M90 might share experience about battery life...

EDIT:
I am not sure if 2 year warranty covers also defective battery. I guess, battery should be OK during 2 years warranty (it is not replacable), if not it should be warranty case.

So, maybe wait with battery purchase at least 1-2 years.

Last edited by Mono; 12-04-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #7
Mikeread
Passionate Reader

Thanks Mono,
That was my concern, getting a battery that dies when I'm ready to plug it in
Old 12-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
HerrB
HerrB began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeread View Post
I want order M92 from ereader-store.de, but to be honest I'm not sure.
I ordered mine from ereader-store.de and would not hesitate a second to highly recommend him (Booxtor). I too had a few questions before the purchase and got good answers in a very timely manner.

Cheers,
J.
HerrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
Read&Write
Enthusiast
Read&Write has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx M92
I can only second the posts stating that you should buy at ereader-store.de. I have not seen customer service like that in any "virtual" store before. Even if you are from abroad (i.e. you live outside of the European Union) and thus have to pay more for your device (e.g. customs), the outstanding service might pay off in case you experience any problems. And considering the fact that Booxtor, the owner of ereader-store, is the community's link to the developers at Onyx, it is even more recommendable to buy at his store. Why? Because you know that the guy you are buying a product from knows practically all about it. That means you can be sure that if you have a problem, there will not be an infinite amount of emails to persons not familiar with or not interested in your problem. Instead, you will get a response by someone highly qualified to solve your problem who already demonstrated that he will go to some length in order to sort out what is wrong with your device, be it software or hardware that causes your trouble.

Sounds like exaggerated praise? I assure you I mean every single word.
Read&Write is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #10
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

And also Booxstor deserves the money for units sold. He did and he does for Onyx e-books development a lot.

And he passively and also actively supports all users, not only his (or his distribution channel) customers. I did not buy from Booxstor (because I did not know his shop that time), but I get support. Many of my suggestions and wishes went to firmware. And few little things that bothered me were fixed/changed within several days. What else one could wish?
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #11
Mikeread
Passionate Reader

Thank you guys, I'm ordering in few days . Just got a new i7 Desktop, and need to a week rest before paying more money
Yes custom is something to worry about, anyway I need that device.
Mike
Old 12-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #12
lubab
lubab began at the beginning.

Dear booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

I also sent email to ereader store and Booxtor's email but didnt get response.
So plz reply me because I want to buy M92 soooooon
Dear Booxtor Im from Oman, I would like to buy onyx boox M92 from your store. I have some inquiries and I hope to get a reply:1-The price for that device I mean total including*Shipment and tax.Also where do you prefer for me to ship a device to Oman direct or to US because I have an aramex address in US then Aramex will ship it to My country (Oman)??2- Delivery time to recieve whether to Oman or US??3- Whats about Arabic language in device's software??
Thank you*Ayman
lubab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #13
Mikeread
Passionate Reader

Hi Ayman,

I live in Egypt, the shipping will be through DHL and costs 22 Euros. It would take 2 weeks, I think.
Since we are not living in the EU, we are not going to pay taxes.
You are going to pay only 298,29 Euros, and Ayman Booxtor is having a good deal all through Dec. Free world-wide shipping
So you will be paying only for the device, 298,29 Euros.
Why would you ship your device to your Aramex Address? no need, just order it directly from http://ereader-store.de/
I have send them few mesages yesterday, and got replies to all of them
Good luck,
Mike
Old 12-05-2012, 04:25 AM   #14
lubab
lubab began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeread View Post
Hi Ayman,

I live in Egypt, the shipping will be through DHL and costs 22 Euros. It would take 2 weeks, I think.
Since we are not living in the EU, we are not going to pay taxes.
You are going to pay only 298,29 Euros, and Ayman Booxtor is having a good deal all through Dec. Free world-wide shipping
So you will be paying only for the device, 298,29 Euros.
Why would you ship your device to your Aramex Address? no need, just order it directly from http://ereader-store.de/
I have send them few mesages yesterday, and got replies to all of them
Good luck,
Mike
Thank u Mike.. and also I got a response from ereader store.
lubab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #15
dkef
Enthusiast
dkef began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
My experience is that ereader-store.de is very responsive and supportive and Booxstore here at the forum is always present, trying to help, answering questions and requests and putting up firmware updates (it is my understanding that they participate in the process of firmware development). So, I think it would be foolish to buy from anywhere else!
As for ordering a spare battery along with the unit, it is what I did. I have this experience with cell phones and a book reader like M92 should not be any different. One should buy a spare battery with the reader or shortly after, within six months. Batteries for old units tend to be difficult to find, if at all. And no, my experience is that lithium batteries do not degrade significantly after a couple of years of inactivity. It might not be charged, but after a couple of charges it should be OK.
dkef is offline   Reply With Quote