Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Which books do you reread most

Has the title says which are your favourite books that you keep going back to.

For me its.

IT Stephen King
Lightning Dean Koontz
Battlefield Earth L. Ron Hubbard
Number of the Beast Robert A. Heinlein
and the Harry Potter books
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Which books do you reread most

Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)
Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling)
James Potter (G. Norman Lippert)
Leaphorn & Chee (Tony Hillerman)
Travis Mcgee (John D. Macdonald)
Anything by Dana Stabenow
Anything by Robert A. Heinlein
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit

And they are the only books I've reread (on purpose).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
mostly short stories and poetry

long tomes? Quite never.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
I have never been one to reread a book. This is mainly because I have sooooo many on my to-read list that I don't want to. However, I recently preordered the 31 disc Harry Potter collection which has me rereading the series again.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
Kindoll
Enthusiast
Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Watership Down.
Kindoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #7
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobylspoon View Post
I have never been one to reread a book. This is mainly because I have sooooo many on my to-read list that I don't want to. However, I recently preordered the 31 disc Harry Potter collection which has me rereading the series again.
Wow thats a lot of discs, must say the box they come in looks fantastic.

I've never read the Hobbit. I will put it on my TBR list, which grows bigger every day with all the recomendations i get on here.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #8
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Harry Potter Audiobooks

Quote:
Jim Dale or Stephen Fry?
Old 09-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #9
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
All Louis L'Amour but especially The Walking Drum and The Sacketts Series.
Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe Series
Robert Heinlein's Starship Trooper
Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe
John Ringo and David Weber's Prince Roger Series
Stephen Brust's Dragaera Series (both Sets)
Robert Parker's Spencer and Jessie Stone Series
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #10
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Jim Dale or Stephen Fry?
I've never listened to the audio books. I might have to give them a try sometime. It would be nice while i'm at the office since I usually have headphones on.

Which do you prefer?
Old 09-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #11
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Harry Potter Audiobooks

Quote:
I've never listened to the audio books. I might have to give them a try sometime. It would be nice while i'm at the office since I usually have headphones on.

Which do you prefer?
You did say you bought them didn't you? I prefer Stephen Fry (except for the accent he uses for Tonks).
Old 09-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #12
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I have read Cloudstreet by Tim Winton three times and I would like to read it again.

Other than that, there are only a few books that I have read twice.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
nobylspoon
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
You did say you bought them didn't you? I prefer Stephen Fry (except for the accent he uses for Tonks).
No, the 31 disc set is just the movies (Blu-Ray)

Last edited by nobylspoon; 09-06-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #14
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Blu-Ray!!

Quote:
No, the 31 disc set is the movies (Blu-Ray)
....whooops!!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #15
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
There are a handful of philosophers such as Nietzsche that I've re-read, but the book I've re-read the most hands down is the Bible; for the same reason Mark Twain (or was it W.C. Fields, or some unknown wit whose words were later attributed to their more famous names?) gave:

Spoiler:
I'm looking for loopholes.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote