Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
tsumaster
tsumaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle paperwhite doesn't recognize book

Hi.
First. I don't speak English well. So, sorry for it. But I understand what I read.

People, I need your help. I was adding books on kindle paperwhite 5.3.6 and noticed that it did not recognize the books.
In "my itens" nothing appears. In 'books" nothing appears too...

I thought it was because of the version of firmware. So I installed 5.3.5 firmware version, but the problem persists. Sometimes some books appear in the "docs", but usually is no longer showing the new books. Anyone know of something?

I tried .mobi and .azw3
tsumaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #2
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@tsumaster-

It is likely that you have a corrupt book file...the Paperwhite is tempermental and if you have a bad file it frequently will show nothing, not even the 'good' books. You can try searching on a nonsense word like 'pplrk' and see if your Paperwhite is still trying to index your added books. If you are using Calibre, you need to remove the books and re-add them a few at a time so as to try to figure out which one is bad. Then do a mobi to mobi conversion which usually fixes things... or you can just go ahead and reconvert all of the books you are adding and again add them a few at a time in case the book file wasn't repaired.
Good luck...welcome to the forum!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
tsumaster
tsumaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks GoSharks. That was it. I discovered it was the second volume of the series Mistborn.
tsumaster is offline   Reply With Quote