Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #31
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilica View Post
Thank you! I can't get ebooks of the two collections you mentioned, but I got one collection which includes some of the stories you recommended. I'll try reading them when I finish with reading all of PKD I can lay my hands on

I never read Notes from Underground. What I read by Dostoevsky never seemed SF to me. Thanks for the hint.
As for Dick, I just finished Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and started now The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch. I also got Time Out of Joint, so I'll be reading for sure soon. Thank you!
Baen books has them in non DRM'ed formats, including Mobi and Epub.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #32
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Baen books has them in non DRM'ed formats, including Mobi and Epub.
On Baen's site, apart from monthly bundles, I can only see We the Underpeople and When the People Fell. Bot priced at 6$ but it says "Not Currently Available".
Anyway, I'll read first the stories I have
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #33
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Thank you, I tried literature map, but I have a feeling it gives rather strange recommendations. I think it's more based on what people reading PKD read than on similraty of those authors.
Yes, it's an interesting use of a clever algorithm, but I personally think it is not very useful overall.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #34
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
On Baen's site, apart from monthly bundles, I can only see We the Underpeople and When the People Fell. Bot priced at 6$ but it says "Not Currently Available".
Anyway, I'll read first the stories I have
Sorry, they were available the last I checked..
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #35
Konakathie
Konakathie began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
I read sci-fi almost exclusively in my teens and early 20's. I think a good way to find authors you like in the genre is short stories-there are many anthologies out there, and you can sample a lot of writers quickly. Not to mention the format of short stories, if you can't get into one, drop it and read on!
Konakathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #36
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
It has to be said that starting to read Philip K. Dick by opening Ubik is like starting to explore the solar system by flying to Pluto.

I've not read it since 1978, but the teenage me was blown away by it. I've been struggling to think of a book that's like it. Again, I'd have to reread it, but Dick's own A Scanner Darkly also had an effect on me.

Graham
Exactly
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote